72.

The two boys made their way up the most intense hill either of them had gone up in a while to get to the café at what seemed to be the main university building. Both were a bit out of breath when they got up. They had passed a luthier's workshop on the way and almost got ran over by a tourist bus, but they made it. Around the building was a beautiful garden they had to walk through to get to the balcony where the café was.
"This is beautiful", Brett mumbled while looking around at the beautifully planted flowers and the well trimmed trees. He felt Eddy squeeze his hand and pull him closer, ignoring the group of tourists staring at them.
"To be a bit cliché, I could point out it's nowhere as beautiful as you..." Eddy replied, only half joking. He looked down at Brett's reaction as the gravel under their shoes was switched out with a set of stone stairs up to the balcony level.
Brett's face turned as red as it could get at the comment. "Yeah, look who's talking", he said and stuck his tongue out at him. "I'm lucky to have a boyfriend that might as well have been like a model or something."

They entered the small, almost empty café. There was a group of mothers with their babies in a corner as well as an elderly couple still deciding between the cakes they offered.
"Will you let me spoon feed you cake here, then?" Brett teased Eddy and got up on his tiptoes to kiss his cheek. Eddy laughed. "Sure, if you really want to, but only if the cake is good. I don't want bad cake, you know."
"Hey, only the best for you", Brett replied sweetly and got a quick kiss as a reply.

They got up to the counter and clumsily ordered a fancy coffee each as well as two different kinds of cake. The whole conversation with the poor girl working there was very awkward as she spoke English with the thickest Norwegian accent. It was almost impossible to understand her, but eventually they got what they wanted, paid, and found a seat by the wall. Brett studied his boyfriend as he took his first sip of coffee. His upper lip curved perfectly over the edge of the cream coloured cup, some foam sticking to it when he moved the cup away. His hair, still a bit ruffled from their emotional ordeal earlier, but Brett found he liked him a little rough around the edges.
Eddy's lips curved into a tiny smile when he caught Brett looking at him, feeling the butterflies go mad in his stomach. "Whatcha staring at?" he asked, feeling the hint of a blush creep from the back of his neck and over his cheekbones.
"Well, my beautiful boyfriend, of course", Brett replied in an almost dreamy voice before taking a sip of his own coffee.
Ugh, you're so sweet I'm gonna puke. Yuck. I'm sure he will too, if you keep this up.
The redness in Eddy's cheeks was unmistakeable as a blush now, and as a response he leaned over to take Brett's hand carefully in his.
"You're making me blush here", he mumbled, embarrassed he couldn't think of anything better to reply. He would have told him how he loved the little spike of hair sticking up from the back of his head, how his smile made his stomach do somersaults, how every touch felt like sparks of pure happiness... he just couldn't think of how to form it into words.
"I try my best, I think you're hot when you blush", Brett replied, seemingly simply, even though the voice in his head tried to say something about Eddy not actually liking that kind of talk in public.

"Well, that explains why you keep being sappy all the time ", Eddy joked and grabbed his spoon to have some of the cake in front of him. Brett tried to grab his spoon as well, but soon realized his damaged hand wasn't up to it and his other was being carefully caressed by Eddy's long fingers. He didn't really want to let Eddy's hand go, so he waited. Just enjoying the feeling of Eddy's soft touch.
"You're not gonna eat your cake or what? Cause I will if you won't", Eddy joked and pretended to lean over to steal some of Brett's cake.
"Heyhey, now! I'm gonna eat that, alright? Just enjoying the moment, that's all", Brett laughed and pulled his hand away from under Eddy's to fend off the cake thief. "If you're stealing my cake, then I'm stealing yours", he challenged, taking his own spoon in his left hand to 'steal' some of Eddy's cake. It felt weird to use his left hand to eat with, as he would normally hold a spoon in his right, but he still managed to take a bite of the cake from Eddy's plate.
"Heyy!" Eddy exclaimed. "You give that back!" The boys laughed, and Brett stuck out his tongue at him. "Nah, I think I'm gonna keep it" he said and put it in his mouth.
"You big meanie", Eddy joked and quickly stole a piece of Brett's cake as revenge.

The café around them felt like it had disappeared, like it was just the two of them left in the world. Like this moment of joking around with each other would never end. In a way, they didn't want it to either.
Unfortunately, Eddy's phone let them know he recieved a text message, and the world came crashing back to them. He took hia phone out and read the message out loud.
"Dear mr. Chen and mr. Yang. I hope you'll meet me at dinner tonight at 19:00 at Egon. It should be on the ground floor of your hotel, if I am not mistaken. Kind regards, Thomas Hansen."
Brett nodded to confirm what he had heard. "So, are we going?" he asked eventually and put down his spoon. He wasn't too sure he'd be able to face the father of the scum that had done awful things to the person he loved the most in the world, but he left it up to Eddy to decide.
"I guess", Eddy mumbled hesitantly. "I just... can't imagine what he could possibly say or do to make up for wh...what happened..." His hand moved slowly to touch the bruise on his cheek absent mindedly. Brett hated how the purple mark stained Eddy's beautiful face, and he hated anyone involved in the situation that let it happen.
Like yourself, Bretty. You let it happen.