38.

Brett felt so much better when he finally got some time to collect his thoughts. He had done breathing exercises he found online, breathing with an animation he downloaded. They seemed to help. Barely ten minutes after Eddy had left, he had gone from a wreck to just a slightly reduced Brett. He could live with that.

Now all he wanted was to have a good time with Eddy when he came back. Have some food, enjoy each other's company, laugh a bit. It had been a while since they laughed together. Maybe they'd do a vlog kind of thing to put on youtube? That could be fun, and surely the fans would like that as well!
He wanted to make the most of not feeling like utter trash, but Eddy was gone for what felt like forever. Ten minutes, twenty minutes, half an hour... Time moved incredibly slowly. Right now, he was simply bored. They were in a city they had never been in before, and Brett felt like he was wasting energy by just sitting around and not even checking it out.

Almost an hour had passed before Brett heard the sound of the key card in it's slot outside, and Eddy stepped in. He was wet from the rain, even though he had an umbrella. The bright red umbrella was placed back in it's stand.
"Not much help in that, when it's raining sideways", he commented and laughed a bit. Brett couldn't help but wonder why he was in such a giddy mood. Getting food in the rain wasn't really something Brett found funny or even entertaining, but appearently Eddy did.
"You're gonna get sick when you keep getting wet like that", Brett answered, but couldn't help it but smile a little. Eddy looked like a soaked cat, and Brett thought that was incredibly cute. Eddy seemed surprised at his partner's positive mood, but played along.
"Will you care for me if I get sick?" he asked jokingly, and placed the food on the little glass table between the two comfy chairs.
Brett laughed, a sound Eddy hadn't heard in ages, at least not a proper laugh. "Nah, you can care for yourself", he joked, sticking out his tongue at him before rolling out of bed. His hair felt messy, and he reached a hand up to try and do something about it while walking around the bed.
"Pff, we both know how stressed out you are when I am sick", Eddy teased and kicked off his wet sneakers. Hopefully they were dry by tomorrow, or else he'd only have his concert shoes to wear for the rehearsal. 

Eddy thought back at the last time he was sick. They had been in the middle of a filming session at Brett's house when the first cough escaped.
"Sorry, a bit sick", Eddy had commented to the camera, and Brett had shot him a worried look. He hadn't told him he had been feeling a bit off all morning, as not to worry him. A slight fever, probably, but nothing too bad. They had work to do anyway, and he felt up to fight through it for the team. Brett always over reacted when Eddy was sick.
They finished the video, but after the camera was off Brett refused to do another. Typical Brett.
"Bro, if you're sick you need rest!" he'd exclaimed, almost pushing the taller by to the couch in his living room. "I'll get you some tea and some soup, stay here!" Eddy insisting on being fine made no difference at all, and so he was covered in blankets, being served tea and some kind of special soup Brett said he'd always been fed when he was sick as a child. It tasted awful, but he wasn't in a position to refuse it.

"Yeah, I'll make you soup again", Brett said as a joking threat. Eddy lifted his hands in the air as if he was giving up.
"Oh nooo, anything but the soup, Bretty!" Brett sat down in one of the armchairs and curled up in it. He loved the joking side of Eddy, loved seeing him smile. Eddy dumped down in the chair next to him. "Hope you like pasta, I found this Italian place. It was this or mcdonalds." Brett shrugged. He still wasn't very hungry, but he'd eat as not to worry Eddy.
"I'm sure, if you picked it for me, it'll be fine", he said, not really meaning to sound so flirty, but still putting on a flirty smile when he saw Eddy's cheek redden at the comment. Eddy searched through the paper bag and pulled out a takeaway box. He handed it to Brett, who opened it and sniffed it.
"Smells good, probably edible."
And then they sat in silence for a while, just eating and listening to the rain outside. Enjoying each other's company. Brett felt better after getting some food, but still not at 100%. Maybe like 80%? Still far better than he had earlier. Even better now when Eddy was back, now that the voice had shut up for a while. He hoped it would last, and that he would be able to get through rehearsal tomorrow with no incidents.

Eddy finished eating first, and put the empty box down on the glass table between them. He fished out a small piece of paper from his wallet. It was curled into a ball. He opened it and looked at it before pulling out his phone and typing something.
"What's that?" Brett asked, not really bothering to look. He was trying to get that last piece of pasta in the bottom of the box to stick to his fork.
"Oh uh..." Eddy stuttered, but quickly regained composure. "Just the reciept, I was wondering how much it was. I'd say pretty good for the price." Brett nodded as a reply and stuck the last piece of pasta in his mouth.
"I dunno how much it was, but it was good."