99.

Brett had gone out to get food for them, leaving Eddy to heat up alone in the hotel room. Logically, Eddy knew that they needed food, but emotionally he just wanted Brett there. He pulled Brett's jacket tighter around him, making sure to breathe in as much his scent as he could. It smelled nice, and it had a calming effect on him.

Brett had only been gone for a few minutes, but Eddy already missed him. Again, he pulled the jacket tightly around himself, not really taking much note of the light poking on his arm from something in Brett's left pocket. He noticed it was something, but didn't want to reflect on what it was. The obvious phone or wallet were ruled out, as he had seen Brett with both as he left. What could it..?
No, he wouldn't be that psycho boyfriend who went through his personal stuff. If it was something he wanted Eddy to know about, he would tell him.
He tried to ignore it for a while, keeping himself busy by going to the window and look down at the little square. Maybe he could see Brett? It felt like he had been gone forever, and it was making Eddy uneasy even though he knew he had only been gone around ten minutes.
He pulled the jacket tighter around himself again as he sat down into one of the comfy chairs by the window, still looking for Brett. Again, the little cube shaped object poked his arm, and he looked down at the pocket, trying to think of an object Brett owned that would be this shape. He couldn't think of any, which made him more curious. Maybe Brett wouldn't mind if he looked? He wouldn't have given him this jacket if he kept secrets in it, right?

The next thing he knew, he had his hand down Brett's left jacket pocket, trying to feel what this strange cube was. It felt kind of like a box, which he had assumed it was anyway. He pulled it out and furrowed his brows. A jewelry box? Why would Brett have...?
The tiny voice in the back of his head gave him an equally tiny idea. Noo, it couldn't be..? Eddy bit his lip hard, staring at the little box. Brett hadn't..? Really?
His hands trembled as he slowly opened the box. His breathing accelerated along with his heart rate when he saw the little gold band stuck into the soft inside of the box.
"Oh my god", he whispered to himself, watching with big eyes as he took the ring out of the box as if under hypnosis. He turned it to look at it in a different light, almost dropping it because of the adrenaline that rushed through him and made his hands tremble more intensely.
When had he gotten this? His thoughts bounced back to the conversation they had, about who would propose. Eddy had never expected it to happen so soon. But again, Brett hadn't proposed yet either. He just had a ring...
He couldn't help it, he just had to try it on. It felt so right when he slid it down his left ring finger, awakening the butterflies in his stomach.

He quickly stood up, taking the ring off and looking at it resting in his palm.
"Holy shit", he muttered to himself, not able to take his eyes off it. It felt like his heart would beat out of his chest. He took the box and carefully placed the ring back in the soft inside, but didn't close the box. He paced a few times around the room, trying to calm himself, but the butterflies simply wouldn't stop tickling him and in turn causing him to smile like an idiot.
The bed creaked as he sat heavily down on it, still with his eyes glued to the golden ring in the box. He didn't even register Brett returning until he spoke.
"What've you got there?"