42.

When Chris finally let him go, Eddy had somehow found his way back to the hotel. The staff almost didn't let him in, because he was in such a state, but was eventually allowed on the condition he would go straight to bed. Eddy collapsed onto the bed crying his eyes out. He felt so dirty, so guilty, and his body hurt. Chris hadn't been able to do whatever he wanted properly due to Eddy's will to fight back, and gave up after a few violent attempts. He felt the pulsating of the bruise forming on his upper arm as he tried to take off his ripped shirt. His hands were shaking, and the tears just wouldn't stop flowing down his cheeks. He had to get himself cleaned up before Brett returned. He couldn't see him like this. It would break him.

His head was still spinning from the alcohol and the adrenaline when he finally was able to get undressed and stumbled his way to the bathroom for a shower. He got a glimpse of himself in the mirror and discovered his lip had a small bleeding cut, and his right hip looked clawed up with three long streaks of red going down towards his groin area. He let a finger follow the longest streak, but winced at the touch. 
The hot water from the shower helped his shaking slightly, but didn't calm his racing mind. How would he explain this to Brett? Would he even believe him? He didn't feel like his mind was making much sense, but he knew he had to speak to Brett sober if at all.

When Brett returned, he found Eddy sleeping in their shared bed. He was wearing a long sleeved hoodie and long sweatpants, and Brett couldn't help but think he'd be way too hot sleeping like that. He sat down in bed next to him and placed his hand carefully on his upper arm, jumping when Eddy suddenly pulled away from his touch with a gasp.
"Sorry" Brett mumbled. "Didn't mean to wake you." His speech was a bit slurred, but not nearly as bad as Eddy's had been when he left. He felt more sober than Eddy had seemed too.
"You'll melt in all those clothes, Eddy" he said caringly, but Eddy shook his head hard at him. No way was he taking of any clothes.
"Am cold... cold outside..." Eddy mumbled, trying to keep his tears from flowing again. He pulled the comforter further up above his head, just in case Brett could see any of the physical marks left on his body. He didn't want him to see or know, not now. Not ever. He couldn't know.

Brett allowed him, assuming he'd wake up eventually and remove the excessive clothes. He grabbed a glass provided by the hotel and filled it up with water. He left it on the bedside table for Eddy to find when he woke up. The party hadn't been that exciting after Eddy left anyway, as most people started to head home or out to party on. He probably could have gone with Eddy after all, but that didn't matter. At least both of them made it back safely.

Brett slipped out of his party clothes, didn't bother with brushing his teeth, took off his glasses and crawled into bed next to Eddy, carefully placing his arm around his waist. He fell asleep, thinking about the rehearsal tomorrow, hoping it would be better than the last one.