53.

Brett had really struggled to get Eddy to walk back to the hotel with him. He had struggled to get Eddy to calm down, and he had struggled to let him sleep. Brett could feel his mental energy being drained, and he dreamed of a nice shower where he could just get some alone time, but Eddy had finally fallen asleep in his arms and he didn't dare to wake him up. Brett had thought about what he felt about them being kind of public now. Did that mean they were boyfriends now? It crossed his mind that maybe Eddy wasn't ready for something like that. He would wait until the end of the world for Eddy, but... it would really tear on him.

Brett had also struggled to get Eddy out of the relative safety of the hotel room to get to the concert hall the next day. He kept making up excuses, that he wasn't feeling well, that his arm hurt more today than yesterday, that he felt the musicians were judging him, that his hair wasn't right. All the excuses he could possibly think of. He eventually admitted he just didn't feel safe going out, but after minutes of promises from Brett they would be fine he finally went. And it turned out absolutely fine. They got to Grieghallen, and the rehearsal went for the most part as planned. As Brett had expected, there were some whispering among the musicians. The composer of the new piece showed up, a young guy, probably just a year or two younger than Eddy, introducing himself as a recent graduate of the local music school, the same one Victoria and Chris went to. They spoke for a bit about the impressive work the composer had done, and got some directions for how he wanted it performed. A nice guy, really, but a bit too eccentric for the two of them.

The walk back to the hotel went around the park, as usual. Brett caught himself wondering where in the park it had happened, since most of it was quite an open space. Where could it have happened, anyway?
"What are you thinking about?" Eddy interrupted, but Brett just shook his head as they rounded the park corner.
"Nah, nothing", he lied, trying to seem casual. Eddy sighed, obviously not buying it. He never did, anyway.
"Brett... you know I can tell you're lying..." he said, looking away from Brett and pretending to study some of the features of the building to their right.
"I'll tell you if you tell me how on earth you can always tell I'm lying", Brett said, poking Eddy in the side. He squeeked.
"Dude! Don't! You know I'm ticklish!" he laughed, and Brett felt his heart jump out of his chest hearing Eddy's laugh. Oh, how much he loved that.
"I swear, when we get back I'll tickle you if you won't tell!" Brett jokingly threatned, and Eddy's laugh filled the air again.
"Nooo! Brettyy! That's unfair!!" He ran ahead of Brett. "You can't catch me anyways!" he laughed and ran towards the hotel with the violin on his back. Brett ran after him, also laughing.
"Won't need to, I have the key!" he yelled after him, trying to keep up with his shorter legs.