76.

After a few seconds of trying to decide what to do with himself, Eddy went over to Brett and hugged him tightly, feeling him bury his face against the crook of his neck.
"Whatever the voice in your head is telling you right now, Brett, don't listen to it, please."
Brett nodded vaguely, really wanting to do what he was told. The guilt was still taking large bites out of his heart, making it harder for him to stop the downward spiral in his head.
Way to make everything about you.
"Everything is just a bit much right now, for both of us..." Eddy continued, trying to think of the right thing to say as he went along. He felt the smaller man tremble slightly in his arms, and he responded by carefully stroking his back. "But we'll work through it. Like we always do."

Brett took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself, letting the calming sweet scent of Eddy fill his nose. He tried to focus on him, on the light touch on his back, on his cheek resting against Eddy's neck, on Eddy's calm breathing. He tried to breathe with him, match his tempo.
"We'll work through it", he echoed Eddy, trying to convince himself. He knew, logically, that he was right. They would work through it. All that was left was to convice his heart.

It was dark out by the time both of them had calmed down completely. At some point they had moved to sit on the bed, Eddy with his back against the headboard and Brett sitting between his legs, resting his back against Eddy's chest. The taller boy's arms were carefully wrapped around the smaller's torso, and the smaller man was silently scrolling through the comments on the orchestra's instagram post from the last concert on his phone. The post was a picture taken of them on the dress rehearsal by the official photographer, and Brett had taken a lot of time studying how gorgeous Eddy looked when he was playing before snapping out of it and moving to the comments. He didn't know what it was exactly that made Eddy look so much more beautiful in the playing situation, if that was even possible. Maybe it was just the concentration, or that he was doing something he really loved?

"What are you thinking about?" Eddy mumbled, moving his head to place a careful kiss on Brett's cheek. "You've been quiet for a while." He worried the voicein Brett's head was saying things without Eddy realizing.
Brett felt the heat creep over his cheekbones, colouring his cheeks slightly pink.
"You, for the most part", he replied honestly while reading a comment on how the two of them were "relatioship goals" based on how Brett had been looking at Eddy in the picture.
"Well aren't you sweet", Eddy said, in a half teasing voice. "For the most part, though?" The last part was more worried.
"Yeah, and what it is that makes you so gorgeous when you play." Brett's voice was serious, and this time it was Eddy's turn to blush. "Like, I can't put my finger on what it is, it's just... breathtaking..."
He was silenced when Eddy turned his head to kiss him.
"You're making me blush", Eddy mumbled once they pulled away, still with their eyes locked together. The tingling in Brett's stomach intensified when he noticed how red Eddy's cheeks were.
"I see that. I love having that effect on you though", Brett said teasingly and softly and quickly touching his lips against Eddy's again.
"Yeah? You wanna know what effect I love having on you though?" Eddy said, a sly smile playing on his lips as he let his slightly cold fingertips slide just underneath the lower hem of Brett's shirt and touching his bare skin. Of course, Brett responded just as expected, inhaling sharply at the touch. Eddy leaned in to Brett's ear, breathing hot air into it.
"This effect", he breathed and placed the top of Brett's ear carefully between his teeth. He really REALLY loved having this effect on Brett.