61.

When Brett came around the corner, Eddy was still sitting on the floor sobbing. Eddy knew this would be bad, that everything would be ruined now. He hated lying to Brett, his boyfriend, but he had to. He had to protect him.
Brett slid down on the floor next to him and put his arms around him. He didn't ask any questions, just held him. Eddy hid his face in his hands to avoid him seeing his probably marked cheeks from Chris' grip.
"I'm so sorry", Eddy sobbed quietly into his hands, feeling Brett pull him tighter into a hug. Brett kissed the top of his head carefully, not knowing what to say. It was obvious what had happened from the state of him and his clothes, but he felt too guilty to know what to say. He should have been there.
Damn right it's your fault this is happening to him. You're the one who let it happen in the first place, and now he has to go through it a second time.
Brett tried to carefully remove Eddy's hands from his face, and Eddy let him. Two red spots, one on each cheek, was visible as well as some white substance running from the corner of his mouth and down to his chin. His eyes were teary and scared, scared that Brett would push him away in disgust. Not once had he let Chris take advantage of him, but twice. How could Brett ever love him again?
Of course Brett didn't push him away. Instead he searched his pocket for a napkin he had and used it to wipe his chin clean, carefully in case it would hurt. Brett felt some anger build up from the bottom of his stomach, not directed towards Eddy, but towards himself and the nasty man who did this.
"It was Chris again, wasn't it?" Brett asked silently, trying hard not to let his anger sound in his voice. Eddy's eyes widened it panic. He couldn't tell him, never. But he couldn't make himself lie either. His mouth refused to form the words, his voice refused to make any sound.
He's disappointed you let this happen to him again. You promised.
Brett felt his stomach tighten with guilt. He had promised to protect him.
"Please talk to me, Eddy, please", he whispered while wiping away Eddy's tears with his thumb. He felt his hands shaking amd tears trying to force themselves out. He held them back, but only barely.
"I am so sorry I let this happen again, Eddy, I'm sorry I wasn't here to protect you... I..." Brett couldn't hold back his tears any more, the guilt eating him up from the inside.
"I... no, Brett... no..." Eddy cried, not understanding why BRETT was apologizing. What could he have done? It was Eddy who stupidly had wandered off, knowing this could happen, knowing how vunerable he was. Knowing he was no match for Chris.
"N...no... Brett... I'm sorry... I... I'm so sorry..." Brett leaned in to shut him up with a kiss. He could taste the saltiness from Chris still on his lips, but he tried to ignore it. Getting Eddy to feel better was more important than anything.