141.

"Just tell me, Eddy. I'm sure it's not that bad", Brett said, getting annoyed with being kept in the dark. Eddy took a deep breath.
"I spoke to the doctor who treated you, and kinda told why you ended up here and all..", Eddy began, sounding like he was scared he'd get hit or something. Brett nodded.
"And uh, then they sent a psychiatric nurse who talked to me..."
Brett tensed up, feeling where this was going.
"And?" he said, pushing Eddy to continue. Eddy kinda just squeezed his hand lightly.
"And uh... They wanna help you, and have uh.. Arranged for you to stay at this uh... Kind of hospital. Psychiatric hospital."
Brett took a deep breath, and closed his eyes to calm himself. So much for "not crazy", huh?
"I'm fine", he said followed by a sigh. "I just need to go home and rest a bit and work on some things. I don't want to go to some crazy people place."
Eddy shifted uncomfortably again and ran a hand through his hair. Brett furrowed his brows.

"What are you not telling me, Eddy?" he asked, not liking the turn this was taking.
Eddy took another deep breath, leaned down to kiss his forehead and stroke his hair gently before sitting back up again, only holding his hand.
"You don't really have a choice", Eddy mumbled, and Brett's mind blanked.
"I what?" he asked flatly, hoping he'd heard him wrong. Eddy bit his lip.
"They're making you. It's only for a few weeks, though, and they've promised it's gonna help you a lot and..."
Brett laughed bitterly.
"So that's what you're doing now? Locking me up in a mental hospital?", he asked through gritted teeth. "Not crazy my ass."
"I didn't want that, Brett! I didn't..."
"Fucking save it. What's next? Are they gonna put me in a straightjacket and toss me in a fucking soft room or some shit?" He pulled his hand out of Eddy's and turned his back towards him, lying on his side.
"Please, Brett, I tried to say they should talk to you..." Eddy said, choking on his own tears. Brett scoffed.
"Fucking save it. I thought you loved me, but I guess fucking not."

It didn't make the situation much better when the psychiatric doctor came in and explained everything all over again. Brett refused to talk to anyone, and the kind nurse let Eddy stay as Brett refused to speak to tell him to get out.
Eddy tried to apologize probably a million times, but Brett refused to respond. He was still lying with his back towards Eddy, and as Eddy slowly gave up, a tear ran down Brett's cheek in defeat. So this was what his life had become, a crazy person in a mental hospital.

He closed his eyes, trying to sleep, ignoring the fact that his blanket was falling down. After a while, he heard Eddy get up and he assumed he would leave, possibly not returning. Why would he want to be with a crazy person anyway?
He had to fight to not cry when he felt his blanket getting pulled up followed by a soft kiss to the side of his head.

"I'm so sorry, Brett. It's all my fault", Eddy whispered, barely audible, obviously choking on his tears before sitting back down in his wooden chair, moving it to stare out the window.