8.

Eddy's jaw almost dropped to the floor. That was it? He had been that scared to tell him THAT?
"Why haven't you... said... before?" Eddy stuttered, not sure how to respond without hurting him. His mind was racing, his heart was racing. The only thing not racing was his words. The reaction he got from Brett was a shrug and him taking off his glasses and putting his head in his hands. Eddy suddenly realized what must have been the reason Brett didn't tell him. How many times hadn't Eddy said how 'grossed out' he was about the fanfiction? How many times hadn't he cringed at the shipping comments on their videos? Why would Brett tell him how he feel if he thought Eddy would be grossed out by it?

Eddy was more or less in shock now, looking and behaving like a deer caught in the headlight. He had to choose. To break his heart or lie to him. He looked at his older friend, who was silently crying into his hands on the couch. Almost too fragile to even look at. Eddy did love his friend, but as a friend. He wanted him to be happy, and to come back to be his former funny self. How could he possibly break his heart like this?

"Please don't hate me, Eddy", Brett whispered between his sobs. "Please." Eddy was preparing himself mentally. It was happening.
"Brett... I could never hate you", he said while getting all teary eyed. Eddy was shaking with nervousness.
"I... have had thoughts too... Brett..." Eddy lied convincingly. Brett had never been able to catch his friend in a lie the same way Eddy had, and Eddy was using that to his advantage now.
"Wh...what?" Brett wiped his tears. "You mean...? But you said..."
"I know what I said, I was... scared..." Eddy interrupted. His stomach tightned with guilt as he dug a hole it would be awful to dig himself out of.
"Y...you mean...?" Brett said in complete surprise, getting his hopes up. Maybe the voices had been wrong all along?
Eddy paused for a second, looked into Brett's eyes and took a deep breath. He felt the guilt of lying eating him up from the inside, but he'd do anything for Brett. To make Brett turn back into the Brett he really was. How different could could this be from being with any girl anyway? Eddy got out of his chair and over into the couch with Brett, keeping the eye contact all the way over to him. Brett's entire face was all red, his eyes from crying and the rest of it from the intense adrenaline and blood rush to his face. They were just centimeters apart now and Brett's breathing accelerated.
"Does this prove anything to you?" Eddy whispered before pressing his lips against Brett's. He closed his eyes, imagined this to be just some girl, even though the light stubble on Brett's face rubbed against Eddy's face as they made out right there on Eddy's couch. Eddy felt awful for lying, but relieved that his friend had finally told him what was wrong.