187.

Brett had, after thoroughly scanning through the possible side effects, started the second pills the doctor had prescribed for him.

Honestly, he had expected it to be much worse.

Two weeks had passed and he hadn't felt this normal since he was a kid.
"What's for dinner?" Eddy asked, stretching after a few hours of continuous practice. It really had been a while since he had been able to concentrate like that.

"Just some uh... I tried to make what Berit made for me in Norway, lapskaus," Brett admitted with a sheepish smile. "It looks more like vegetable soup, though."

Eddy snorted and kissed his cheek quickly.
"Isn't lapskaus just vegetable soup?"

"It's superior vegetable soup, actually," he joked, stirring the pot of slightly thick vegetable soup. "Or the one Berit makes is, at least."

Eddy got himself a glass of water and leaned on the kitchen table.
"You remembering your checkup at four?" he asked before taking a sip of the cool water. "How long is that supposed to sit on the stove?"

"I remember, yeah. And i's actually pretty much done. Could you set the table, love?"

After having lapskaus that didn't really taste like lapskaus, but snapchatting Victoria about it anyway, Brett was on his way to his appointment. He wasn't really stressed about it like he normally would be.

Walking into the building was initially an uneasy feeling. He pushed it aside.
"I'm doing great, I have no need to fear this place," Brett muttered to himself as he stepped up to the front desk.

...

Eddy was really trying his best with this stupid cake, but it still ended up looking sad. Nothing like the oreo cake they had at the café that time. He prayed it tasted okay anyway as he went to go change.

...

"What do you mean, 'sugar pills'?" Brett asked, not really comperhending what the doctor was telling him. "That can't be right."

"No, no. It's true. You said you've been feeling better, though?" the doctor asked him with a smile.

"I mean, I guess? How does that even..? If the antidepressants were just fake?"

The doctor got a smile on his face, the kind that a old man who has just tricked you into listening to some life advice would have.
"It was all you, believing you could be better," he said, nodding to himself. "All you, Brett. You can get better on your own."

...

Eddy was waiting in the living room, dressed nicely in his dark jens and a dark red shirt. He had prepared a bottle of red wine for them and was really feeling a bit nervous, honestly.

He shot up as the door opened and Brett's voice filled the house.
"I'm home," he said, sounding kind of enthusiastic.
...

Eddy looked handsome, all dressed up like that, but why would he be? It was still a few day left until Christmas, right? Had he forgotten Christmas eve or something?

"Why are you so handsome? Did I forget something important?" Brett asked as he tiptoed up to kiss Eddy quickly. Eddy wrapped his arms around his waist.

"No, I thought I'd surprise you with a nice evening as my Christmas present. It's a bit early, though, but I figured it would be better this way," Eddy explained, smiling all the way through.

Brett was stunned for a moment
"Really? Wow, you really topped my present," he grinned and kissed Eddy again. "What are we doing tonight , then?"

Eddy grabbed his hand and lead him to the living room where he had prepared the cake and the wine on the table.
"I really tried to make that cake look pretty, I swear, but I was thinking just a night in with something extra?"

"I love you so much, Eddy. Honestly, you're the best," Brett said, giving him a hug. "This is the best present ever."