80.

Brett wasn't sure he had been this nervous before a concert before ever, really. He felt unprepared, even though their last concert had been marvelous, because he hadn't been able to practice like he wanted. His hands were clammy and made him not want to touch his violin. Currently he was in front of the mirror in their wardrobe, all restlessly trying to make his hair do something useful. Something that didn't make him look like a radio tower.

What didn't help was Eddy's slow, perfectly intonated scales in the other end of the room. Of course Eddy's playing would be perfect and Brett would screw it up by sounding like a four year old with a viola. He gave up on his hair and sunk into the couch of their wardrobe, placing his head in his hands in despair.
"You okay?" Eddy asked and checked the time. Still 20 minutes left until the concert.
"I don't think I can do this, Eddy", Brett whimpered, feeling his hands shake as he admitted to it.
Look at you go, making everything about yourself again!
"Why of course you can, you sounded amazing during the dress rehearsal!" Eddy said, trying to encourage him. He could tell it wasn't working by the light sob Brett was trying to hide from him.

"Bretty love", Eddy said all softly while putting down his violin and sitting down next to him. "Shh, why are you crying?" He carefully placed an arm around him, but Brett didn't react.
Well done making him stop warming up to worry about your stupid ass.
"I'm not, I'm sorry for worrying you. You should continue warming up. I'm fine", Brett rambled, trying to stop himself from crying. He hated not being remotely able to hold back his tears, something he had been rather good at before the voice had started speaking to him. He hated worrying Eddy, and the voice wss absolutely right about the attention hogging.
"Bretty, you are very obviously bit fine, please talk to me." Eddy moved to stroke his knee gently. "You're gonna sound amazing, if that's what you worry about."
"I'm gonna sound like a four year old with a viola, I'm gonna ruin this concert for you just because I was stupid and reckless, and.. ." Brett sounded almost annoyed, desperate, and Eddy didn't want him to feel that way. He placed a kiss on his lips to shut him up for a second.
"Hey, you've hurt your finger, but you're still an amazing violinist." He moved some of Brett's slightly long hair out of his face. "I don't know anyone who could hurt their finger like that and still sound pretty much like a world class soloist. You're amazing and I love you so much."

Brett's cheeks flared up, and his crying died down. The directness of Eddy's words were really making an impact on him.
Except he's just lying to make you feel better. You are really an idiot who would believe anything.
"I want to believe you", he said, moving his gaze away from Eddy's honest eyes. Eddy let out a sigh.
"But the voice is telling you I'm lying?" Eddy asked, intertwining the fingers of Brett's good hand with his own. Brett nodded quietly, knowing that he wasn't making sense accusing Eddy of lying like that.

"I don't know how to make it up to you for lying when we first got together, but I am sorry it has made it impossible to trust me." Eddy took a deep breath before continuing, feeling slightly guilty, but attempting to push it away before the concert. "I am telling the truth though, it was your playing that pulled me in to be your best friend in the first place."
Brett pulled Eddy into a hug so that ye wouldn't see the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Five minutes", someone outside their wardrobe said, and the two boys had to pull away from the hug.
"Come on, we can do this together, yeah?" Eddy said with a smile and wiped Brett's tears.
"Yeah", Brett replied, and grabbed his violin. "Together."