188.

Midnight between the 24th and the 25th of December came, and even though they were going to be busy all of the following day by visiting family they didn't really feel like heading to bed. They had put on some christmas choir music list which was playing in the background, a few cinnamon scented candels were lit making the air around them smell like baked goods and both were in merch christmas sweaters and pajama pants.

"I'm sure this is the best Christmas I've ever had, honestly," Brett mumbled, sipping from his glass of red wine. It was the same kind of wine they had on their evening together, during Eddy's christmas present to Brett. A lucky purchase, according to Eddy.

"Better than when you were a kid?" Eddy asked, kissing his cheek. "I mean, we haven't even baked anything, we're just faking it with scented candles. Doesn't your mom bake cinnamon rolls every christmas?"

Brett grinned and kissed his cheek quickly.
"She does. Can't wait to have some of those tomorrow. Or well, later today, as it's past midnight."

Eddy sipped his own glass of red wine and grabbed a store bought gingerbread cookie from a box on the table.
"So, what you're saying..." he begun, a wide smile forming on his lips. "...is that technically, it's christmas morning?"

Brett couldn't help but laugh at the childish grin on Eddy's lips.
"What, you want your present now?" he asked, pulling Eddy in for a kiss. "Isn't that a bit early?"

"Pretty please let me have it now?" Eddy asked, sneaking his arm around Brett's waist. "I'm so curious."

Brett pulled him into another kiss, balancing the wine glass in his hand still.
"Alright alright, I'll go get it then," he laughed, placing his wine glass on the table next to one of their many scented candles. "Try not to fall off the couch with excitement while I'm gone."

"I'll try my best," Eddy grinned, emptying his wine glass quickly and setting it on the table before moving more into the couch, sitting cross legged. He watched Brett disappear into their bedroom, and caught himself wondering where on earth he possibly could have hidden it in there without him accidentally finding it.

"So, I hope you haven't hyped yourself up too much," Brett said as he came back with a beautifully wrapped, quite large square present with golden ribbon on it. "It's not that much, honestly."

"I'll be the judge of that, thank you," Eddy laughed as he got the present in his lap and Brett sat down in the couch next to him. 

Slowly and gently, without tearing the paper, he got the wrapping paper off the black frame. He stared at what looked like a really old piece of paper in a frame, and a line of music was written at the very bottom of it. Eddy furrowed his brows, confused.

"Oh uh, it's a... uh... a letter Debussy wrote for his uh... lover, later wife, Emma Bardac," Brett explained quickly, running a hand nervously through his hair. "It's got a certificate of authenticicy and everything."

"It's... Clair de lune?" Eddy asked, pointing to the line of music underneath. "The opening?"

"Yeah, I think so. Didn't try playing it, you know, 'cause I'm not a pianist and all," Brett explained with a short, nervous laugh. "But yeah, I saw it in the... in the antiques shop and I just though it would be a good present..."

Eddy interrupted him by pulling him into a hug.
"It's perfect, Brett. Thank you," he mumbled, closing his eyes. "I can't believe that's not in a museum, though. Damn."

"I'm glad you like it, love. Merry christmas."

"Merry christmas to you too, sweetie. Thank you."