164.

Brett was still asleep when Eddy arrived at the ward, but the nurses still let him go see him. He opened the door to his room quietly, tiptoeing in and closing the door behind him.

Brett didn't stir as Eddy sat down on his bedside, gently running his hand through his hair. He looked so childlike while sleeping, looking as young as they were when they met. The only thing really giving him away was the shade of stubble on his upper lip.

"Mmh... Eddy?" Brett asked weakly, still half asleep. Eddy smiled down at him.
"Hey love. Just sleep, it's alright. I'll wait." He gently stroke his cheek with the back of his hand, and Brett grabbed his hand.
"Sleep with me?" he begged, looking up at him with sleepy, begging eyes. Eddy leaned down and kissed his forehead gently.
"I'll lie down with you. Scoot over."

Brett made room for Eddy who slid down next to him, pulling him into a cuddle. He rested his head on Eddy's chest, face getting buried in the black hoodie.
"Sorry I woke you up this morning," Brett mumbled, eyes closed. "I just couldn't deal with it anymore."
Eddy leaned down to kiss the top of his head.
"Don't worry about it, love."

Brett sighed and grabbed a fistful of Eddy's hoodie. He did worry about it. He simply couldn't help it, and the sleepiness sure wasn't making it easier for him to contain his emotions.
"I just don't want to be a burden to you," he half whispered, feeling his throat tighten. "And I feel like I am."

Eddy placed his hand gently on his cheek, wiping away a tear Brett hadn't noticed spilling over.
"You're not a burden, love. I promise you're not, you're the light of my life," he said, pulling him even closer. "I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you for taking care of me," Brett mumbled, followed by a yawn. "I really really appreciate it. You're so good to me, and I don't know how to ever make it up to you."
Eddy gently ran a hand through the back of Brett's hair, tickling the back of his neck softly.
"Make it up to me by doing your best to get better," Eddy whispered. "Get better so we can go back to playing together, filming together, and so we can have the best life together."

Brett nodded weakly.
"I'm trying, Eddy. I really am," he whispered, getting all choked up. "I swear, I'm trying."
Eddy kissed his head softly again.
"I know, it's okay. It's okay, love."

It wasn't even a minute later before Brett was out like a light again, snoring quietly. Eddy kept up running the tip of his finger up and down the back of his neck for a while, feeling himself drift off as well. It was nice to get to just hold him, to make sure he was safe. He couldn't wait to have that every day.

Eventually Eddy fell asleep too, chin resting on the top of Brett's head. Waking up at six was heavier on him than he would admit.