127.

Almost half an hour after Eddy's encounter with Dr. Cole, Brett appeared in the doorway followed by dr. Davies. Eddy quickly got off his seat and almost ran over to them.
"I'll see you next week, okay?" Dr. Davies said with a smile to Brett, and he nodded weakly without looking up at her. He didn't move when Eddy's arm snuck around his waist either, and not when Dr. Davies disappeared into the hallway with the offices again.

"How did it go?" Eddy asked on their way to the car, still holding his arm around Brett's waist. Brett just shrugged and didn't say anything. Eddy kissed the side of his head, not noticing how Brett winced at the touch.
Dr. Davies had, after a lot of digging, gotten out of him that he didn't feel all that great. Brett did not want to be there. He felt like an idiot, and even more so when Dr. Davies explained stuff he knew to him. Stuff like "eating, sleeping and exercise will make you feel better". Brett translated that in his head to him just being lazy for not doing any of those, and in turn it being his fault he had problems. In the back of his mind he knew it wasn't right, but when the voice had shot in that he probably skipped meals on purpose just for attention he was convinced.
"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to", Eddy mumbled, opening the car door for him. Brett slowly climbed into the car, feeling like a child. What was next? Would Eddy put his seat belt on for him?
Eddy walked around the car and sat in the driver's seat, looking over at Brett who leaned over to rest his head against the cool window.
"Do you want to stop for bubble tea on the way home?" Eddy suggested, attempting to cheer Brett up and lift the heavy cloud that was choking both of them. Brett shook his head quietly.
"You can get some for yourself, if you want", Brett mumbled, adding "because I don't deserve any" in the back of his mind.
"No, I'm fine", Eddy sighed as the attempt was shot down. Brett bit the inside of his cheek hard to avoid crying when hearing Eddy's disappointed voice.
You couldn't give Eddy one positive thing? All you ever do is pull him down.
Brett shut his eyes hard to hold the tears back, wrapping his arms around himself as Eddy started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

They just sat in the car after Eddy stopped it outside their house, neither saying anything. Brett was looking down at his hands, fiddling with his sleeve.
"You know I love you, right?" Eddy asked, turning to look at Brett.
"You keep saying that, yeah", Brett mumbled, still not looking up at Eddy. "I don't understand why. You deserve a lot better."
Eddy reached out and took Brett's cold hand between his and held it for a few seconds. He glanced down at his ring.
"Even if there were anyone better, I would only want you anyway", he mumbled, and Brett finally turned to look at Eddy with tired eyes.
"You keep saying that", Brett sighed, looking away again. "I want to believe you, but it doesn't make sense to me, Eddy. Why would you bother with me when you could have someone tall and handsome, someone... Someone who isn't acting like a spoilt child and who... Who actually makes you happy... and..." Brett was breaking apart little by little as he spoke, but he fought his tears.
"Shh, Brett, you're the most gorgeous person I know, okay? And you're not behaving like a spoilt child, why do you think that?" Eddy desperately wanted to hug him, but being in the car made it difficult.
"Crying all the time, refusing to eat and sleep, attention issues..?" Brett mumbled, wiping a single tear from his cheek. "Appearently I'm just lazy and stupid for not feeling better already."
Eddy furrowed his brows, confused, and Brett took the moment get out of the car. Eddy quickly hurried after him, locking the car.
"What makes you think that?" Eddy asked as he watched Brett unlock their front door with shaky hands.
"It's just to eat, sleep and exercise, appearently", he mumbled as he turned the key. "I'm just wasting everybody's time." Brett went inside with Eddy following close behind, grabbing his wrist to stop him.
"Hey, pause now. Did dr. Davies say that? That you're wasting everybody's time?" he asked, not letting go when Brett tried to pull his hand to him.
"She might as well, spending half an hour telling me I need to eat as if I was five years old", he said, trying to pull his hand out of Eddy's grip again.
"That's stupid", Eddy admitted, loosening the grip around Brett's wrist. "You already know that."
Brett didn't try and pull his hand away this time, and let out a sigh.
"I'm just being stupid by ignoring it", Brett mumbled. "I'm sorry I can't even exist right, Eddy. It would be a lot easier for you if I just disappeared or something."

Eddy shook his head slowly, not sure how to react. He slowly moved to place his arms around the now shivering man that was his fiancé.
"Don't ever say anything like that ever", he whispered, half choking on a sob. "I swear to god, Brett, you're my literal fucking everything. Don't you ever say anything like that." He wanted to be stern, but he ended up just crying.
Brett went quiet seeing Eddy's reaction. While it was expected, hearing it hit him hard.
"I fucking love you, Brett, and if anyone or anything is telling you otherwise then they can go fuck themselves", Eddy whispered, taking Brett's face between his hands and kissing him passionately. Brett felt his cheeks warm up for the first time in weeks. He blinked a few times when they pulled away.
"I love you too, Eddy."