20.

Eddy's face went from sad to mostly confused.
"What do you mean, voice?"
Brett shook his head, immediately regretting telling Eddy. It was stupid, it was not real. It was probably just his own stupid thoughts playing him like an A string.
"It's probably not important, sorry" Brett said quickly before moving his hand to hold Eddy's hips again.
"Now, where were we?" he asked while the voice was telling him to back off.
Eddy didn't respond to the hand placement.
"Brett, what voice? What do you mean voice? Is it telling you what to do and stuff, what?" Eddy was really qorried about Brett now. Hearing voices was definitly not normal, and if Brett gad been hearing them for a while it would explain a lot.
"It's nothing, don't worry", Brett lied, and Eddy knew he was lying.
"Brett, I know you are lying. Talk to me, please!" Brett flinched at the word 'lying', but tried to hide it.
"How do you always know I am lying?!" he half shouted back. How annoying wasn't it that Brett couldn't catch him lying to save his life, but Eddy could just tell? Was he literally completely unable to spot obvious lies, or what?
"I just can, okay?" Eddy half shouted back. He had his ways, but if he told him the game would be over.
Brett shook his head. "Tell me, please?" he said, ignoring the voice in his head still. It was mostly an annoying murring in the back of his head as long as he was able to distract himself.
Eddy shook his head. "You tell me what's going on in that head of yours, Brett. I want to help you."
Brett looked into Eddy's eyes, his absolutely beautiful eyes. The right shade of brown with large pupils in the dim light. His hair, still partially wet from the rain still, falling elegantly over his forehead. His entire body was expressing concern for the shorter boy, just like it had before the lie.
Brett shook his head for probably the millionth time that day. The rain was still drumming on the roof above them, erasing the silence of the room.
"It's... it's nothing, it just tells me when I do stupid things, you know? Like... like a filter for stupid ideas, you know?" It wasn't a lie, but from Eddy's reaction it didn't seem like it was as serious as Brett thought. Eddy leaned onto Brett, causing Brett to be forced down on his back on the couch with Eddy on top of him. Eddy rested his head on Brett's chest, listening for his breathing. Brett ignored the voice in his head and let Eddy use him as a human pillow or mattress. It was quiet for a long time before Eddy spoke.
"Does the voice tell you I'm a stupid idea, Brett? Is that why you can't trust me?" He didn't look at Brett, just listened for any change of breathing. Breathe in... breathe out...

// Hey guys!
So as you probably have noticed by now, or hopefully haven't noticed, I am literally actually running out of ideas over here. I love seeing comments about what you think will happen, as they give me ideas for where to move next (and as you also probably have noticed, I like doing something different from what you are expecting). Thank you for reading so far! I hope my creativity picks up!
Btw, I'm not a native English speaker, so if you find grammatical errors, or spelling errors, don't hesitate notifying me, and I'll fix it asap //