19.

Brett was in heaven. He didn't think Eddy would move this quickly, and certainly wasn't expecting him to kiss him again. Eddy's lips were soft, slowly moving along with his like they were playing a duet. The butterflies in Brett's stomach were all over the place, making Brett move his hands to be placed on Eddy's hips.

Are you sure he's not still lying, though?

He tried to shove the thought to the back of his head and bury it. All he wanted was to enjoy this moment with Eddy. He felt Eddy's hand slide down from holding his cheeks to tickling his neck softly with the tips of his fingers. They were both breathing heavily now.

He doesn't actually love you, he's a good liar, as you should know by now.

When the voice spoke this time, Brett pulled away from Eddy. His breathing was fast, and his hands were still on Eddy's hips where he was sitting on the couch. Their eyes were locked onto each others', but Brett's were filling with doubt. He bit his lip while really trying to see if Eddy was telling the truth this time.

He's just trying to humiliate you more. Lead you on and dump you like the trash you are.

And all of a sudden, Brett's stomach knot had returned, and Eddy was picking up on it.
"Brett..." he whispered softly. "Please tell me you don't think I'm lying." He was so close, their noses was almost touching. While Brett liked having him there, so close, he felt unsure. What if he was lying to him, after all, as not to hurt him?

Of course he's lying to you. Nobody would ever like you like that, Brett.

Brett closed his eyes and pulled his hands back from the taller boy's hips.
"I... I don't think I...?" Brett began to say, but he ended it sounding like a question. He opened his eyes and looked up at Eddy again. He could tell Eddy was fighting tears now, but his doubt wouldn't let go. Eddy removed his hands from Brett's neck, leaving it all cold.
"How can I..?" Eddy asked, his voice weak and fragile, but Brett just shook his head.
"I just... how could you, Eddy?" They were still close, but not as close as they had been. Brett didn't want to move further away, but he didn't really want to move closer either. He felt stuck in no man's land, and it felt wrong to walk in any direction.
"Brett, please, it was out of love, because I care about you, because you... you're literally my partner in everything and... and..." Eddy lowered his head, feeling defeated. How could he possibly prove to Brett this was no lie?
"And... when you... you were so patient? And kind, and sweet and... perfect... and..." His voiced trailed off. What was the point? He had ruined it now. He should never have opened his stupid mouth about this, and Brett would have continued on in ignorant bliss.
"The heart in my coffee... nobody has ever done that for me before..." Eddy had realized long ago he was just rambling now. All his hope had left him, and he was more or less just listing the good things Brett had done for him now. How good Brett had been to him.

The heart in the coffee. He remembered that, such a small gesture that Brett had done. How could he be lying when he was remembering something as unimportant as that?

He could be remembering it because he thought it was stupid, you never know.

"Eddy..." Brett said, more serious now. "I want to believe you, I really do, but..." There was a pause, and Eddy thought this was it. Brett didn't believe him. His heart sunk, and he felt like breathing was incredibly hard. If he were to play now, shaky bow would be inevitable.
Brett took a deep breath before continuing.
"But... sometimes... there's this... voice...? In my head...?" His voice was shaking, his hands were trembling and he was absolutely sure Eddy would laugh in his face and call him crazy.