172.

Eddy knew time was ticking, that Brett was waiting and probably spiraling down into a hole. He did not want that, but the doctor was informing him about Brett's medication. Could he not do that after seeing Brett?

When the doctor finally let him go see Brett, he almost ran out the door. The receptionist smiled at him as he passed her and finally he opened the door to the common area.

Brett didn't even turn at the sound of the door, his eyes locked in a straight forward position staring into nothingness. Eddy took long steps over to him and sat down next to him on the couch. Finally Brett turned to look at him.

"Y... You came?" he whispered, tears welling up in his eyes. "I didn't think you'd... It's not ten..?"
Eddy pulled him into a hug, feeling awful.
"Of course I'd come. I'm so sorry the talk with the doctor took so long," Eddy mumbled, kissing the top of his head. "We're going home now. It's going to be okay now."
Brett hid his face in the crook of Eddy's neck, calming his breathing. It would be fine.

After signing the papers that needed to be signed and Eddy getting a month's worth of pills for safekeeping they were sent on their way.

Brett never once during all of that let Eddy's hand go, but when they got to the car he realized he would have to.
Eddy opened the trunk and got all of Brett's stuff in, still not letting his hand go. He felt the desperation in the grip.

After the trunk was closed, Brett slowly let Eddy's hand go. He moved his eyes to the dark asphalt, wrapping his arms around himself as he took a step towards the passenger side door.

He didn't get to move longer than a tiny step before Eddy grabbed him again and pulled him into a kiss, hands running through his hair. Brett stood taken by surprise for a second, but eventually slid his arms around Eddy's waist.

"I love you. We'll make it work now, okay? We'll take care of each other from now on. Deal?" Eddy whispered, hand still resting on Brett's cheek after the kiss.
Brett nodded.
"Deal. I love you too."

Eventually, they untangled and got seated in the car.
"I got bubble tea," Eddy said, handing the cup to Brett who couldn't help byt smile.
"You know me so well, down to the bubble tea order," he commented, placing his lips around the straw and taking the first sip.

"I do pay attention when you order, you know," Eddy laughed, starting the car. "But okay, dinner. What do we get?"
Brett furrowed his brows, trying to think about what he wanted.
"Wow, so weird to have to choose what to eat. Uh... Just... The regular Chinese?"
Eddy backed out of the spot with a smile.
"Sounds great, I haven't had that in ages either. Can you order and we'll pick it up on the way?"