𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

・𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬・

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧: Aveleigh Willow-Gilbert

𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙢: Crystal Reed or Katherine McNamara

𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙢: TVDU

𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩: Damon and Stefan Salvatore

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙨 ━ unpublished

( ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ )
✧・: *✧・
──────────
Pain

A four-letter word that has many meanings.

Pain could be stumbling your toe on the couch. Your first heartbreak. Death of someone you love.

The four-letter word had an endless amount of examples and meanings.

But to Aveleigh Willow-Gilbert pain was a part of life.

Aveleigh remembers the first time she felt pain. Felt grief. Felt fear.

She was three years old.

She doesn't remember much but she remembers a noise walking downstairs. And then a much of blood.

Her mother pleading and sobbing as some man held her by her throat. She thinks she made a sound maybe and he turned to her.

His eyes.

His eyes Aveleigh could never forget.

They were full of evilness. Darkness. Humanity she didn't think existed in his eyes.

And that's all she remembered.

The next thing she remembers is being held in comforting arms who tells her she's safe.

She didn't know the woman. She didn't know why she felt like she was safe but she did.

Aveleigh could never forget that night. Even after she was adopted by the Gilbert family. They already had a daughter Aveleigh's age and a year-old son.

After that Aveleigh had a normal childhood. Well if you can call having nightmares every night and her bones always aching normal then it was normal.

The Gilberts never treated Aveleigh differently from their other children. Everyone knew she was adopted and the Gilbert's even kept her mother's last name they just added Gilbert after it.

They did inform the girl she could go by either when she was older. It was her decision.

The next time Aveleigh felt pain, it was the type of pain they broke you. Destroyed her very soul.

The night of May 23, 2009.

Elena and Aveleigh both decided to skip family game night to head towards the end of the year bonfire.