𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧: Josephine "Jo" August

𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙢: Madelyn Cline

𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙢: The Summer I Turned Pretty

𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩: Conrad Fisher

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙨 ━ unpublished

( ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ )
✧・: *✧・
──────────

Josephine or Jo August grew up across the street from the Conklin's with her single Mom Lorelai August.

The first time she met Steven Josephine was five and was trying to learn how to ride a bike all by herself. She got to the Conklin's driveway before she fell off the bike and scrapped by her knees and her hands up. Steven saw it all happen and rushed to the brunette girl's side.

Thinking she dying he made her come inside with him and screamed for his Mom who tried to calm him down while Jo just stared at him like he was crazy.

After getting a Harry Potter bandaid along with a popsicle Steven walked Josephine back home and promised to help her learn how to ride a bike tomorrow.

And that was the day the unbreakable duo formed. After that incident Josephine and Steven were inseparable. Where one went the other followed.

Their mom called them twins born from two different women by the way they acted.

But the only con to their friendship was their summers were apart from each other. When the two were eight years old Steven demanded that Jo come with him to Cousins Beach.

When his Mom said no Steven wouldn't get in the car he just crossed his arms and started telling his Mom he wasn't going at all. He needed his best friends to meet. It was more important than Harry Potter.

Laurel just stared at her son who was sitting on the steps not moving an inch already behind to get to the beach.

With a sigh, the woman walked to the August household and asked Lorelai if Jo could come with them for the summer.

Josephine smiled up at Mom with a bag already packed and an excited smile that the older woman couldn't say no to.

It was no secret that Lorelai August adored her only daughter. She was beyond protective of her but as a single Mom who worked at a law firm, she didn't have as much time as she wanted for her daughter. Which is why she let her go with the Conklin's for the summer. She knew she would be safe and happier than that with a nanny here.

Josephine and Steven spent the entire ride to Cousins talking about everything they were going to do as Belly listened to them.

Once they all arrived Steven introduced Josephine to Jeremiah first since he was the one who always ran out to greet everyone.