𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐬

━━━𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐬・━━━━

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧: Athena Reed

𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙢: Nina Dobrev

𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙢: Divergent

𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩: Eric Coulter

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙨 ━ unpublished

( ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ )
✧・: *✧・
──────────

Growing up if anyone ever asked about Athena Reed people would describe her as one of the kindest people you could meet.

She usually had a book in her hand and a flower in her hair.

Many would pick on the girl that was until her guard dog appeared.

Eric Coulter.

The two meet due to Eric's mom who was Athena's teacher. Athena used to stay after class to help Mrs.Coulter help clean up. The sweet woman always smiled at her usually giving her a new book that the girl would have read completely before the end of the week.

Eric arrived at his mom's classroom before spotting the girl with a flower crown around her head.

And once Athena smiles at him placing the crown on his head well at that moment he swore to always protect her.

But he wasn't her only protector.

Athena was ten when she came across a bruised Tobias Eaton. Most people would gossip or just ignore him.

But no Athena walked to him not saying anything as she opened her bag and pulled out a first-aid and begins helping him.

Afterward, she smiled at him softly asking him if he liked books.

And Tobias has never met someone so warm and kind. He was from Abnegation but some abnegation's weren't as selfless as they appeared.

The two boys swore to protect but then both left her heading to Dauntless. Not that Athena blamed them. She knew they wanted to live. She had no grudge against the two. When they choose their faction no one cheered louder than her.

But as everyone knows the purest hearts are the ones that get destroyed the most.

Not even one week after Eric and Tobias left her life Athena headed home after school only to find her mom dead.

People say her heartbreaking screams could be heard everywhere it was so painful and loud.

Athena was then left with her dad after that. A man who never truly liked his daughter due to her weird personality.

Due to that the kind-hearted girl that everyone adored changed. She became cold. She no longer had a flower crown on her head. She no longer smiles at people.

No, instead she was emotionless. She did not care anymore.

And when it was her turn to choose where she went. She did not where to go.

Stay where she was. When all she could remember is her mom and her father who never cared about her. Who made sure she knew what he thought about her.

Or leave and maybe find the family she would never admit she needed.

She believed her aptitude test would help her decide when to go, but her test was inconclusive.

And with that, she has a choice. A choice her head and heart were at war with.

But when she stood in front of everyone staring at the different bowls her choice was clear.

Athena Reed left the only home she knew and choose Dauntless.

But one thing she wasn't expecting was to see someone from her past so soon.

Someone who knew the girl she used to be and stared at her in disbelief. She was no longer the little girl with flower crowns and a soft smile on her lips.

No, she was what the world wanted her to be. She was heartless.

Or she tried to be.

( ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ )
✧・: *✧・
──────────
I don't know why but I'm thinking Peter will be her best friend. Maybe...

( ɢʀᴀᴘʜɪᴄꜱ )
✧・: *✧・
──────────

( ɢʀᴀᴘʜɪᴄꜱ )✧・: *✧・──────────