𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭

𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧: Cassiopeia Grey-Abernathy

𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙢: Madelyn Cline or Phoebe Tonkin

𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙢: Hunger Games

𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩: Finnick Odair

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙨 ━ unpublished

( ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ )
✧・: *✧・
──────────
Haymitch Abernathy was cursed.

He was cursed since he won his games due to an accident.

For in the mind of President Snow, Haymitch didn't win fairly. He should have died in that arena so instead Snow killed his family. They paid the price.

But what Snow didn't know was that he didn't kill all of them. He didn't realize that Haymitch had a little girl.

Cassiopeia.

Or Cassie as he called her.

Cassie was the only thing that kept Haymitch from going off the deep end. She was his entire world and he vowed to protect her from President Snow's wrath no matter the consequences.

But on Cassie's eighth birthday, Haymitch came home to find his home destroyed and his daughter gone. The only thing left of her was her stuffed bunny and a note from President Snow himself.

For now, he had leverage. A weakness to exploit. And be planned to do just that. Because hurting Haymitch would do nothing but hurting his daughter, who for some reason reminded Snow of someone, would hurt him a thousand times worse.

After her kidnapping, Cassie was sent to District One for a short while before being taken to District Four and put into the custody of Mags Mags Flanagan and warned of what would happen if she stepped out of line.

For the next two years, Cassie did what she was taught by her father. She put all of the pain behind her and focused on what she could control at the moment. Which was helping Mags and sneaking out past curfew to see her best friend.

Finnick Odair.

The two met when Cassie fell into the lake and since she never learned how to swim began to drown if it wasn't for Finnick pulling her out and saving her life.

After coming to and punching him in the face the two somehow became best friends.

Until a year later when Finnick's name was reaped.

Cassie watched from home as he fought for his life with Mags' help. And when he survived Cassie didn't know if it was a blessing or curse.

For she knew how the games destroyed you even afterward. You never truly won. No one could win.

She saw how it destroyed both her father and Mags and she knew the Finnick she knew wouldn't be the one coming back.