24

Later that night, after Connor and the girls had dinner, Connor and Niko were on the couch watching tv while yukihime was asleep on the couch next to Connor with her head on his right leg. After nearly an hour, Connor glance at Niko to see her crying. "Hey Niko...are you ok?" Asked Connor. Niko glanced at him. "I...I'm just worried about someone...who was the host of the virus." Said Niko. Connor opened his eyes wide, realising what she meant.

"You mean...the one we're hunting tomorrow is..." Connor mutters. Niko nods before realising what she said and look down. "Why did I tell you that...you won't get it...just forget I said it." Said Niko. Connor placed a hand on her shoulder. "Niko." Said Connor. "Don't touch me!" Yelled Niko as she turned to him and threw a punch to his cheek, but it didn't hurt. "Niko." Connor repeated. As he finish, she did it again and again as tears were in her eyes. "You don't get it...you don't, don't, don't!" Yelled Niko. 

Connor grab her small fist and pulled her into a hug. "Maybe I don't...I may not have gone or going through what you are but that doesn't mean you should act like no one will understand cause people go through things everyday, but listen even if we hunt your friend just know you also have me if you want to talk...if you need me you can come to my house or call me after this." Said Connor. Niko teared up again as she hugged back. After that, Niko fell asleep on Connor's left leg and Connor fell asleep too.

Connor open his eyes the next morning to see Niko and yukihime on his left and right leg. They open their eyes and look at each other. "What are you doing on Connors lap?!" Yelled Yukihime. "I was tired!" Yelled Niko. Connor spoke up. "Now both of you stop...I never even said it was ok, you just did it without asking me for permission!" Yelled Connor. They all then get up and ate breakfast. Once Niko found the information they needed, they went while Yukihime stayed behind to try and cover up Connor and Zero's disappearance from class.

After about thirty minutes, they get to where Niko said the person would be and head in. Connor looks at the old factory. Apparently, the one they are looking for is here because a gang of thugs hang out here. The three enter and look in horror at the scene of blood and organs everywhere and a large man in the middle of it. He turns to us and we blood in his face. Getting a closer look, they saw that red and black ooze was coming out of his ears, nose, mouth, eyes and probably other parts, his veins were visible from the same red and black ooze in his vein, his eyes are red and black too, as if the oose stained them.

"Jesus..." Connor mutters. Was the only thing Connor could even speak due to fear and shock. It lunges at them with a growl, as if he's a feral animal with rabies. They fight but due to the persons feral state, it was hard cause he had a brain and could dodge or block attacks and was very fast. As they fight for what seemed like a eternity, Connor, who wasn't out of stamina, kept fighting while Zero and Niko took a breather. They kept fighting until the man lift his hand, which had long, black, bloodstained claws and shove them into Connor's chest, piercing into his heart. "Gah!!!" Yelled Connor. "Connor!" Yelled Zero. He falls to on knee, holding his wrist, but began to let go as he began blacking out.

The man smirk, about to rip Connor's heart out when suddenly, Connor hand tightens on his wrist, keeping his from ripping it out, shocking everyone as he looked up at him with his dull, dead eyes. Connor lift his fist and throw a punch, breaking his nose as he also twist his arm, breaking it and also broke his nails off, keeping them from his heart. Connor took his fingers out before getting up and kick him in the stomach, sending him flying back. Connor looked at him before lifting a fist, about to punch him when he felt a thump of pain in his heart, making him clench it as he tell back and onto the ground, panting and groaning in pain...then Connor blacks out, to only jolt awake about a minute or two after blacking out and saw that Zero was unconscious and Niko was being picked up by the neck by the person infected.