Inazuma Epilogue I: Certitude of Hypermnesia

Start from the beginning

They've been well acquainted since Mondstadt, but the same thought pops up every time in Scaramouche's mind when he sees the Traveller.

His eyes remind me of hers, he thought and made sure they did not show on his face. Only his showed more hostility than that little girl ever did.

But the reason for his hostility was as equally ridiculous as his rage over bygone incidents.

Angry all because of Delusions? Surely, he's seen countless of Vision holders–few of them even accompanying him in groups of four. But did he ever get angry at them? The only difference a Delusion had against a Vision is that it was made by man. The side effects are just as equally destructive.

But anger was a key factor in agitating the commendable Traveller. Scaramouche admits, he has to take caution against this mysterious hero. That's why the only way to weaken him is by using the environment.

All the smog filtering in and out of the factory... One moment, it smells like sweet intoxication and power. The next, utter ridicule and bitter realization that anyone who tried so hard eventually becomes useless.

The anger felt so deeply by this sentimental, golden fool would take its toll on him. Scaramouche chuckled in amusement at the sight.

"Embrace the anger. Embrace it!"

This time, there was no one else to save the Traveller. Weakened by the disadvantageous environment, Scaramouche's smirk widened as he approached the fainted Traveller.

He's the only thing that's preventing the Fatui's operation from succeeding in Inazuma. But that won't be for long.

"Traveller, wake up!" His little silver-haired companion could only muster an inkling of strength to shake the weakened Traveller awake.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Scaramouche frowned to hear the sound of heels clicking against the wooden floors. He looked behind the fainted Traveller and found someone he didn't quite expect to show.

"My, my. Is this the new costume the Fatui has given to you for your role? Impressive. It looks quite good on you," Yae Miko mused, snapping her fingers.

Click!

In just a second, the little silver-haired creature grew drowsy and plopped right next to the Traveller. Scaramouche focused his gaze on the newcomer.

"...Yae Miko," he said, crossing his arms, "I'm surprised you decided to finally get involved. All this time, I thought you'd be having your tail buried between your legs."

"Now, now, is that how you greet your elders? You've always been a little more demure when you were still inside that little pavilion Ei made especially for you. As I thought, letting you wander around lets you get involved with the wrong people. Tsk, tsk," Miko tutted in disapproval.

"Heh. Come now. That was a few hundred years ago. Learn how to move on," Scaramouche snorted and fixed his hat, "So, what brings you out of your den? Surely, it's not because you care for the humans? I'm sure you just got interested in something."

"Is it because of that Traveller over there?" Scaramouche smirked as he tilted his head to look at the the fainted man behind Miko, "Look at you, standing oh-so protectively over his body."

"Watch your tone, little one. Do you need to be subjected to some much-needed discipline?" Miko mused with a hint of warning in her tone.

"So it is," Scaramouche smirked and chuckled, "Haha! Unfortunately for you, he'll be his own demise. No matter how impressive he is, the Tatarigami doesn't choose its victims. Not even you are an exception."