31: Feeling Pity For A Bunch of Cubes

"Soleil? I don't know. The last time I saw her was two days ago," Amber said when Kaeya asked her.

"You lost sight of her again? Tch. That shouldn't even be a surprise," Diluc sneered before closing the door on Kaeya's face.

"Weren't the two of you together yesterday? What happened?" Sara responded when Kaeya asked her next, "Did the two of you fight?"

"We're in good terms. Don't worry," Kaeya told her and left before Sara could start rambling about their nonexistent romance.

"I don't know. Sorry. I was in the confinement room again so I didn't see her," Klee shook her head.

"Soleil is missing? What happened?" Eula responded with a stern frown, "What if she's in trouble?"

"That is why I'm asking," Kaeya said. "We need to find her then!" Eula insisted.

"Slow down, Eula. Don't you have some scouting to do in Dadaupa Gorge?" Kaeya raised a hand to prevent Eula from passing by.

The girl suddenly flinched and blushed in embarrassment, "I... Yes, I do. But-!"

"I will look for Soleil. You should focus on your job," Kaeya told her, "Do not concern yourself too much. Soleil is more capable than you think."

Eula sighed. "Alright. Please tell me when you find her. That girl makes me worry," she said. "Of course," Kaeya smiled and walked off.

He has been asking acquaintances and peers about Soleil. He woke up earlier and found her room unlocked and untouched.

He assumed she was out for a stroll, but when he heard that none of Soleil's friends saw her, he suddenly felt something was off.

Kaeya asked around and realized Soleil wasn't in Mondstadt. So he went out and asked Razor, who didn't have any answers. The wolf boy also offered to help, but just like with Eula, Kaeya declined the offer.

Kaeya frowned in thought. Where would she go off to in the middle of the night and fail to return by morning?

Regardless, she hadn't returned and he wasn't going to wait. He knew he said he didn't worry, but something just forced him to get out of his house and look for her.

He searched through Wolvendom and the Whispering Woods. He also looked through each of the ruins he knew of and needlessly fought in the domains as he thought she would be in them.

Still, he found no scholar and ran out of stamina. Kaeya looked towards the east. Perhaps she went to the Spiral Abyss?

He avoided a Hydro slime that tried to jump on him and waved a hand, causing it to freeze mid-air and drop on the ground with a clink. Kaeya sighed and made his way to the east.

He planned to go to Cape Oath and glide his way towards the island. But he was only surprised to see a certain girl sitting at the peak of Cape Oath.

Her back was facing him and she seemed preoccupied with something. Kaeya felt his lips twitch in annoyance as he walked towards the girl.

Soleil heard the grass crunching behind her and looked over her shoulder. "Oh. Hi," she said when she saw Kaeya.

"Is that all you have to say?" Kaeya looked down at her with crossed arms.

Soleil blinked a few times, "Uh... You look handsome today?"

"That's not what I meant. Where did you run off to?" Kaeya asked sternly. Though he was slightly red from her comment.

"I couldn't sleep, okay? I suddenly felt stuffy so I went out for some fresh air," Soleil shrugged.

"You couldn't get your fresh air from the balcony or the porch and had to come all the way here?" Kaeya raised an eyebrow.