Part Four

7: The Camellias Bloomed Nicely

A pair of servants opened the creaking doors simultaenously, and they were both stunned to see a lone woman in white smiling at them.

"Greetings. This is the Hiiragi Household. Who might you be?" one of the servants asked politely. Their hands were linked before them in a straight manner.

"Hello. My name is Soleil Rheingold. Don't you remember me?" the lady tilted her head with a small smile.

"Our apologies, ma'am, but we doubt we ever met before," the servants said. Soleil blinked her eyes curiously, "I see. I suppose that's fine."

"Do you have an appointment?" the other servant asked. "Sadly, no. But please pass on to Commissioner Shinsuke that a girl named Soleil is here to collect what is due," Soleil said.

Her words made the servants' eyes narrow warily. "Lord Shinsuke...is currently in prison," one servant stated.

"Oh?" Soleil was surprised, "Then that means Lady Chisato is the current Kanjou Commissioner."

"Correct," the servants nodded. Soleil hummed thoughtfully as she placed a hand on her hip, "This is a change... But it will work, I guess."

She then turned to the servants. "I'd like to meet Lady Chisato. Is she available?" Soleil asked. The servants hesitated.

"Our apologies, but we cannot just allow you to meet the Lady without an appointment. Besides..." they trailed off.

"Besides?" Soleil raised an eyebrow. The servants pursed their lips.

They were newly-hired servants, but they knew much about what transpired within the Hiiragi Clan. Their former clan head worked with the Fatui and was arrested alongside the former Tenryou Commissioner, thus resulting into Hiiragi Chisato and Kujou Kamaji to take their parents' roles.

And if this unknown woman with too much ease in her demeanor was someone Lord Shinsuke knew... They had to be careful.

"Hm..." Soleil's eyes dulled as she tilted her head at the servants, "Something tells me we won't be getting along."

The servants flinched under her sudden change in demeanor. "We truly apologize, Miss. Please present an appointment first before–"

"It's alright, you two."

The servants by the gates turned and saw a slender woman with curled hair in a bun and ocean blue eyes. She wore a pastel kimono of blue and pink flower prints.

"Lady Chisato," the servants bowed. "Hiiragi Chisato," Soleil spoke and smiled, "I hear you are the new head of both the Hiiragi Clan and the Kanjou Commission. It's an honor to meet you."

"The honor is mine," Chisato said with a polite smile before becoming slightly serious, "I overheard your conversation, Miss. You were searching for my father. Unfortunately, he isn't here."

"It's alright. Seeing as you are the head, it makes only slight difference," Soleil said and presented a Tri-Commission pendant made of gold and rimmed with three Sakura flowers.

"That's–!" The servants' eyes widened and Chisato was slightly bewildered.

"I'm here to collect something valuable," Soleil smiled but her voice left no room for arguments, "I hope you don't mind."

"The symbol of the Shogun and the Shrine. I see..." Chisato had a look of realization before nodding, "You must be Soleil. Please, follow me."

The servants were baffled to see Lady Chisato's sudden change in demeanor. Soleil, on the other hand, only nodded as she tucked away the pendant in hand, "Lead the way, my lady."