3: What A Turn of Events

Most taverns were loud and rowdy, where the drunkards would do some things in public that can make them kiss their reputation goodbye. They then would be sober the next day, blaming the alcohol, and drink again when night comes.

But Angel's Share wasn't one of them. After all, who would dare mess around in a tavern owned by one of the most esteemed bachelors of Mondstadt and who also used to work with the Knights of Favonius as captain? Thought so.

Angel's Share was a place people can drink while pondering on thoughts exclusive to themselves and mind their own business. That was why Kaeya liked to stop by this place. That, and it was fun pushing the owner's buttons when he was around.

And, to his luck, he came at the right time. When he pushed through the door, he found a man whose head can be recognized from a mile away. A prankster's grin immediately settled on his face as he made his way over unhurriedly.

"Well, well. To think you'd be at the tavern at times when it's at its weakest selling point but absent to enjoy its liveliest...I must say, it's a little contradictory to what a tycoon would be doing in your situation."

Kaeya's eye landed on the brooding figure in black by the counter, wiping away at some of the glasses. Diluc gives him a short look before turning, "The tavern is closed. Come back again later."

Kaeya lets out a weak but amused laugh, "You really dislike people, don't you? Be careful, Master Diluc. You better step up your social skills or business will go bad."

"Business is booming like the usual, mind you. And I don't need lessons on social etiquette from the likes of you," Diluc blandly states, "Now leave."

"Why, how accomodating," Kaeya said with a wide smile as he sat on a stool by the counter, "The usual, if you would please."

Smooth and cool as his voice and demeanor may be, Diluc can't help it if his mood drops whenever this annoying blue scamp was around. It just happens.

And knowing him, he won't leave even if he tried throwing him out. He tried once, but we all know Cryo and Pyro had that damaging elemental reaction when put together.

He decided to give up on getting rid of Kaeya's presence openly and would rather resort to squeezing out his mora for every drink he ordered at Angel's Share until he can pay no more and leave.

Diluc purses his lips together in a displeased line before grabbing a shaker and going through with preparing his unwanted guest's order.

He was swift with his preparations and elegant with in-laying the contents unto a clear glass. It was as if some kind of artist and his art in the making. Once done, he pushes the glass across the counter in an attempt to stain Kaeya's uniform.

But to his disappointment, Kaeya receives the glass as it meets his gloved palm. The tanned Knight can only chuckle at Diluc's petty attempt.

"Thanks...but that was nasty," he said before bringing the glass to his lips.

"Nothing you couldn't do," Diluc snorted and cross his arms. Kaeya could only chuckle as he enjoyed the taste of Death in the Afternoon in his mouth.

"Is it really appropriate for a knight to drink on duty and in broad daylight? Tsk, to think that you are an esteemed captain...The knights are truly inefficient. Both in duty and values," Diluc criticized, giving Kaeya the usual stink eye.

"Now, don't go hurting my feelings like that. It wasn't very long since Amber also questioned me and my credibility as a knight. To have you doubt me on the same day as well would be too much stain on me," Kaeya said, though his relaxed attitude rebukes his attempt at pity.