Prologue: Against 'Their' Will

To carry the sin that hasn't been committed and live the lives of those who couldn't... This is the path of survivors. Be it war or some other conflict, this has always been true and will remain true...time and again in a never-ending cycle.

Children are at their most fragile when they are innocent. Their home was their abode and the world was a new place to explore, a wider playground compared to the ones in their backyard.

At least, that rings true for most children. Some do not have the luxuries of having these simple delights due to misfortune and perhaps, the lack of blessings from the floating pantheon above Teyvat, from Celestia, the abode of the gods.

But what was more painful than that? It was growing up in the comfort of a home, away from the troubles of the outside world and from above the ground...Only to have it taken away forcefully, like confiscating a right given to you at birth for reasons no one will explain to you.

Such was the thought that synchronized the panicking minds of the people dashing forward, bare feet stepping upon ripples of muddy matter.

None of them would dare stop to check if it was muddy water or sticky blood staining the ground. As the sky was getting gloomier, the glaring shade of abyssal blue wrapped everything on sight like a blanket meant to suffocate the sleeping.

"Keep going! Don't stop running. We have to get out alive!" A man yelled as he directed the few that followed in his desperate steps to find hope and live, guiding the injured and comforting the youth on the verge of breakdown.

One particular youth could only watch with unblinking eyes and unmoving body. Though this youth does not blink, it didn't stop the tears silently pouring out of his unique eyes. 

"Don't just stand. We gotta go!" another youth encouraged as he laid his eyes upon the crying person, grabbing his hand and following after their leader.

The need to get away was evident and desperation hangs above the thick air. They must keep moving, lest they be trapped by the judgment to be cast upon them, trapping them in a cubic cage to be sealed away by the entity who carried the verdict.

However, despite the chaos and panic, one other individual gazes into the horizon with his sharp eyes. First, it was scrutinizing. Then, it became a look of shock as the sky was torn apart at the spacial seams.

And out of this rip in space poured in what could be thought of as a meteorite of black and red matter, dissipating into air as it crashes some distance away violently, with a loud explosion.

Just like that, the spacial rip above had closed like a healed wound. Like it was never there.

The youth's eyes widened as he turned, "Father! I saw something!" The leader of the running dozen turns and looks to where the youth pointed, highly alert and suspicious.

"Everyone, stay here. We need to check on something," he announces before patting his son, "Let's go."

They advanced unto the peculiar sight, climbing above uneven terrain. Perhaps it is because they know they were walking above the corpses of slain beasts and destroyed war instruments that they said not a word.

But as they both get a clear view, both held their breath: one in anticipation, one in surprise. In front of them was a stumbling, small figure struggling to stay upright.

"Is that...? It's a person!"

The boy lunged forward, much to his father's shocked look. "Hey-! We don't know if it's safe!" he tried to grab the boy but he was already in front of the person that fell from the sky.