19: Your Name Literally Means Fool

Soleil decided to walk her way back from Falcon Coast all the way to Mondstadt. This way, she has time to think and have a breath of fresh air while enjoying the scenery.

Her feet made crunching noises on dirt and slicing whishes when stepping on grass. She sometimes taps a tree trunk when she passes by it and knock on it to feel the hollow wood.

She was in no hurry and just took her time. Even when the translucent, silver moon was hanging above the horizon, she still felt no reason to be hasty in returning.

It was a dark night, but the moonlight glowed and fervently lit up Soleil's path through the trees and the fields. It was peaceful and she took her time savoring the ephemeral moments of stasis.

"What else should I be doing in Mondstadt?" Soleil muttered, grimacing. She has been sidetracking and now that she thought of it, what else should be done in Mondstadt?

The reason she came to Mondstadt is because of the ruins surrounding the city in the lake. And the reason for her trip to researching the ruins is that she needed information on the past civilizations that stood over Teyvat.

Theorems and axioms had long been formulated during her years of searching and studying. Everyone is contented with just living under the Archons' protection and dreaming of owning Visions in their lifetime. But there so many loopholes...so many questions left unanswered.

It was the ruins that can provide proof and evidence of whether Soleil's ideas held truth or not. And so far, she had been correct. There used to be other cities and civilizations that stood in the mainland.

Her next step was to look for more details concerning these civilizations that were omitted in the history books. Documents and books were insignificant to this quest.

The only thing she can rely on are her reasoning skills, some clues...and testimonies from people who had been there.

"There's so much to do in so little time," Soleil ran a hand through her hair with a frustrated sigh. She trudged across the dirt path and spotted Mondstadt in the distance.

She will have to sort out her priorities first and then check on her supplies. Her Electro Loads are also running out, meaning she will have to find materials and craft more. But in order to be able to find some proper tools, she will have to rent them using mora.

Soleil's eyes widened and nearly tripped on a rock in realization. Mora! How on Teyvat did she forget about mora?!

She had a decent amount of mora hidden away. But then she remembered how she basically bribed Venti by getting him his drinks and paid a hefty sum for it.

She was short on mora and she won't be able to survive in this materialistic world without it. It looks like she has to stop by Liyue to get her mora, as unwilling as she was.

"Gosh," she shut her eyes and touched her forehead. Why do her problems keep piling over each other?

She kicked at the dirt before pacing towards the city in the distance. The clear view of Mondstadt was suddenly blocked by the violent entrance of an Electrohammer Vanguard. His landing on the ground was heavy, making the nearby pebbles jump slightly.

The Electrohammer Vanguard stood up straight, grasping the large hammer in his hands tightly while purple sparks zapped. Soleil raised an eyebrow at him, placing her hands on her hips while tapping her foot.

"What do you want?" she asked. Several more figures appeared, some of them being Cicin Mages, Pyroslinger Skirmishers, and Cryogunner Legionnaires. They kept their distance from Soleil but enclosed her in a wide circle.