37: I Need A Workshop, Too!

"Why is it that taverns are literally everywhere but not a single laboratory is in sight?!"

Soleil was fuming as she stomped towards the living room and sat on the couch heavily. A deep scowl was etched on her face and she glared at every single thing she sees.

That included Kaeya, who was lying the other couch while reading a book innocently. When he saw Soleil glaring, he felt as if he was going to burn in a large explosion.

"KAEYA!" Soleil suddenly yelled. "What?" Kaeya asked, flinching and sitting up straight, "What are you so upset about all of a sudden?"

"Why does Mondstadt have no laboratory for me to work in? There is not a single one that I can find! What, do you people do your investigations inside the taverns while drinking off?!" Soleil glared sternly.

"Taverns also serve as information centers so..." Kaeya shrugged. Soleil stared at him in disbelief. Seriously?!

"What else would I expect from the City of Drunkards? Ugh!" Soleil groaned angrily and dropped herself against the couch.

"Take it easy, now. You might get older with that wrinkled forehead of yours," Kaeya teased. "You're not helping," Soleil huffed.

She sat up abruptly. "You're a knight so tell me why on Teyvat doesn't Mondstadt have a lab?!" Soleil demanded while crossing her arms.

"There aren't many people in the city who took academic professions so there was no need to construct too many research facilities," Kaeya explained, "The Adventurer's Guild has a few, if I remember correctly. Did you talk to them?"

"I went to Katheryne but she doesn't have much to offer. Then, there was this bizarre girl with an eyepatch that spoke in melodrama," Soleil said with pressed eyebrows, "I didn't understand her very much, but from the gist, it seems that all the available labs and workspaces were taken and rented."

"Ah, you mean Fischl?" Kaeya chuckled, "She does have her quirks."

"Yeah. Like you, she wears an eyepatch for a reason that doesn't involve missing an eye at all," Soleil rolled her eyes, "But what am I stalling for? I need to find a place I can work in peace."

"What about your room? I'm sure I had some changes implemented," Kaeya said.

"I need to work in peace," Soleil repeated, "Having you around rarely meant peace."

"Fine. Where will you go then?" Kaeya asked. "Hm... Albedo's workshop, probably," Soleil grinned, "I like the ambience there."

"Ah. This is what I was afraid of," Kaeya sighed. Soleil raised an eyebrow, "What are you brooding about now?"

"It's nothing," Kaeya said dismissively while flipping through his book. Soleil squinted her eyes on him, watching his evasive demeanor.

I see, Soleil thought with a smirk. Is her eyepatch boy jealous?

"Well, I'll be off now," she called while taking her white fur coat and smiling smugly at Kaeya, "Albedo and I have some chatting to do."

She giggled mischievously before leaving the house and clicking the door shut. Kaeya stared at the door before snapping his book and tossing it on the coffee table with a huff.

That girl really likes to toy with him.

Soleil could tolerate the freezing climate in Dragonspine now that she was dressed properly. She retraced the steps she and Kaeya made some time ago and eventually ended up in the cavern workshop.

Albedo was busy with his sketchbook, scribbling on it using some charcoal. He looked up when he heard the snow crunching and saw Soleil brushing off the snow on hair.