Part Seven

13: Remember Your Promise

The papers in the Tenryou Commission warehouse contained classified information. Putting it mildly, Soleil had an eventful history with Inazuma. Some of them are hidden within the records of the Tenryou Commission.

Was it Scaramouche? Could it be that he predicted Soleil's movements and tried to get rid of the details so she can't remember anything?

But none of the papers were stolen. So that either meant it wasn't anything he finds concerning or it wasn't what he was searching for.

Soleil read the paper under candlelight, placing the papers down with a loud sigh. Most of the papers were quite compromising, Soleil admits.

Some of them were reports on Soleil's involvement in a few military operations. Some were her own personal espionage reports on key individuals. One could now understand why Kujou Kamaji and Kamisato Ayato would be so wary of her.

Soleil had a hand in the Tenryou Commission's affairs back then as a way of investing in her relationship with General Sara and the previous Commissioner, Kujou Takayuki. All of these were proof of her involvement, yet Scaramouche was not interested in them.

Why? Was there something else that's darker than this?

The mere thought made Soleil's blood run cold. She leaned back on her chair and closed her eyes, collecting her calm.

Relax. Maybe it's an entirely different person, Soleil told herself. But that would be more concerning. Who else would be so interested in her history with the Tenryou Commission?

Ah. Right. Him.

Soleil placed the papers into a folder before putting it away. She turned to her desk, where a few letters were waiting to be opened.

Aside from the invitation letters, she sent Xingqiu and Albedo seperate letters from her to them. She was surprised Albedo was quick to send a response.

There were two letters from Mondstadt that was sent to her. She could easily tell who sent the other letter judging from the colorful Dodoco scribbles on the exterior, saying 'Open me!' on the front.

The back says 'This letter is for the prettiest and smartest lady, Soleil Rheingold! If you're not Soleil, please give this to her. Thank you!'

Klee's little messages made Soleil's heart warm. She giggled and decided to open Klee's letter later, saving the best for last.

Soleil opened Albedo's letter, seeing the alchemist's neat handwriting in ink. Leaning close enough, and she can smell the snow and alchemic apparatus. It was almost as if she can see how Albedo wrote the letter from within the comforts of his camp on Dragonspine.

'Dear Soleil,

I was pleasantly surprised when you sent the letter confirming the invitation to go to Inazuma. I would ask you how you are doing and what you have been up to since we last met, but we can save the conversation for when we meet. So we both have something to look forward to.

Speaking of things to look forward to, I have a suspicion that we may run into the Traveller during this event. With the lifting of the Sakoku Decree, chances of meeting the adventurer himself is quite high. Do tell me if you run into him.

Also, I apologize if this letter comes in late. Several incidents have kept us busy that I have been summoned a few times to the headquarters. It appears that the Acting Grand Master has received a few updates from Varka himself. Even Kaeya and Lisa are forced to take heavier loads than their usual. We both know how evasive they are to additional work.