15: Want An Ice Bridge To Cross?

Soleil was dragging a boat across the sand, heaving a big sigh as she succeeded in pushing the boat unto the water with a splash.

"Whew," she said, pushing her hair behind her ears. She placed a hand across her forehead and squinted her eyes at an island in the foggy distance.

Who knew the once formiddable Pilos Peak is now reduced to a tiny island off the shores of Mondstadt? Musk Reef, was it?

Well, it was thanks to the Anemo Archon that the landscape changed. Soleil recalled Andrius' words and giggled. That old wolf was seriously outdated if he still calls Musk Reef "Pilos Peak".

She grabbed a paddle and climbed aboard the boat, adjusting herself as the boat swayed. She breathed in and nodded, "Okay."

"Are you really rowing the boat all the way to Musk Reef? Your arms could get sore."

Soleil paddled once when a distant voice spoke. Just hearing its smoothness and suave, she could tell who it was. She turned and rolled her eyes.

"Even if I did, does it make a difference?" she asked, placing the paddle across her lap, "You really want to be around me so badly, don't you, Kaeya?"

"Oh? Would you prefer if I had the knights follow you instead? I can have them bring some boats to join you," Kaeya smiled playfully.

Soleil flinched and waved her hands, "No, that won't be necessary."

Kaeya laughed and approached closer. "You really like to torture me, don't you?" Soleil mumbled.

"It's for your own good," Kaeya smiled. "Right... I don't think we can fit in the boat. It's meant for one person only," Soleil looked down at her boat.

"Oh, we won't need a boat. Come on," Kaeya extended a hand to her.

"Where are we going?" Soleil asked, grabbing his hand and wobbling out of the unsteady boat.

"Up there," he gestured a thumb unto the high grounds of a cliff.

Soleil's eyes widened, "You don't plan on pushing me off, right?"

"Ah, why would I do that to you? Have some faith in me," Kaeya said and walked, making Soleil follow hesitantly.

They climbed and trudged across the stony terrains until they both reached the cliffs.

Soleil closed her eyes shut as gusts of wind blew her hair away. The wind was stronger at higher altitudes.

Kaeya grabbed a few blades of grass and watched as the wind blew it away and unto the sea, a sign that the wind's currents pointed east.

He walked towards the edge and nodded, "Here should be fine."

"Yep, people would barely notice a girl was thrown off the edge," Soleil joked, "Seriously, what are we doing here?"

"Tsk tsk, so many questions," Kaeya said and tossed a windglider towards Soleil.

"This is...?" Soleil asked and raised the tool for observation.

"A windglider?" Kaeya asked with a small laugh, "We're going to fly towards Musk Reef. It is much more efficient than rowing a boat. You can also enjoy the view of the sea while you're at it, too."

"I know what a windglider is. But flying?" Soleil giggled, "Why don't you just freeze the sea so we can cross over? You have a Cryo Vision. Why not use it?"

"Wouldn't that be too tiring on my side? But if you insist, we should trek down and near the sea so I can get to work," Kaeya smiled, "Just say the word."