2: Who You Calling Stupid?

An entire week. From the sands, to the karsts, and finally to the grassy plains...If she were in a hurry, she could have arrived a few days earlier, but she just had to take in the scenery around her.

Besides, she had to...attend to some things in Liyue since she passed by. Not letting certain thoughts get to her, Soleil urged Regulus across what she marked on her map to be Cider Lake.

Soleil sat on the grass, surrounded by the white, puffy dandelions and let herself be immersed in the windy blows of fresh spring.

"I missed spring!" she said happily, lying down momentarily as she let Regulus drink and feast on the verdant plains.

That was the only reason why she would take stops. Regulus would nicker at her when he was hungry or when he just needs something in general. He was a smart thing. Soleil jokes to herself that it was because he was exposed to Sumeru for a long while.

Soleil was about to fall asleep on the grass when Regulus breathed on her face, nudging her and shaking about his mane.

"Ah, right...Let's go," Soleil muttered, yawning and preparing to traverse the land before her.

Regulus' hooves clicked against the paved dirt path among the trees, leading Soleil as she occasionally turned to her map. She debated whether she should stop by Mondstadt first, but considering that it was still morning, she decided against it and headed for her first target: Old Mondstadt.

But the way there wasn't very concrete. The dirt path sometimes fade away to the grass and throw the girl off-track, but she manages to make her way around.

"Valberries!" she recognized a distinct plant into the distant forest with ease. She got down Regulus and decided to pick off some flora around her. She could definitely study them while she was around.

She chucked some plants into a glass jar and was about to pick the last piece of windwheel aster when an arrow whizzed past her and unto a tree trunk.

"YAAAA!"

Soleil winced to see a group of hilichurls racing towards her. "Shooot..." she muttered when she saw Regulus was a decent distance away from her and she wouldn't get to him in time.

She hesitantly taps the pouch on her right thigh, thinking of using its contents but eventually deciding against it. She just stood there as the hilichurls let out war cries while waving their weapons, coming straight for her.

"AAAAAAAAHHH—Uu?"

The hilichurls were confused to see the human wearing a black blanket not reacting to them. Instead, they just gave a friendly smile, "Olah."

"Kek?!"

The hilichurls' battle stance broke as the ones in front halted, causing the others at the back to tumble into them and basically make a hilichurl domino.

Soleil laughs lightly at this sight but the hilichurls only look at her through their masks. The walking blanket could talk to them!

Just as Soleil looked at them with fascination, the same can be said for the other party.

"What was it again...?" Soleil muttered before her eyes twinkled and looked at them, "Ah! Mosi mita."

The hilichurls tilted their heads. The human is happy? Why?

"Mosi Mita?" one of them asked. "Yes! Mosi Mita, uh..." Soleil thought and pointed at the hilichurls, "Yoyo."

The human was happy to see them?! The hilichurls were now confused of this strange stupid human who can't speak straight. But it was fine to them.