80: Crystal Snow

After fifteen days, Ludi Harpastum had finally concluded. The two weeks of games, flowers, and wine ended with a spectacular display of fireworks, making a clear end to the festival.

Of course, with Ludi Harpastum ending, it only meant it was back to work for the knights that took their breaks.

Jean was back in her usual uniform and she began sorting out the daily reports made by the patrolmen during the festivities.

Amber was busy leading foreign visitors from other nations on the safest routes out of Mondstadt. Some of the stuck-up nobles and diplomats demanded escorts out and since they were still inside Mondstadt, the Knights were responsible for their safety so they had to comply.

It also seems that thieves and bandits went out making trouble due to the knights taking their breaks. Eula was responsible for recon so she was mainly in-charge of dealing with them. In truth, she saw this coming. That's why she couldn't afford to relax.

Lisa was still Lisa. She was all too happy to go back and stay in the library after Ludi Harpastum ended. She spent her time managing the books and drinking tea.

Klee was back on duty. Donning her red girl scout outfit, she went back to hunting for treasure and dealing with the bad guys.

Kaeya...well... He slept in pretty late for reasons unknown to the knights. They suspected he was still lazy to go back to work but said nothing.

Mondstadt has returned to its peaceful, idyllic nature. The people helped in removing the decorations and cleaning up, restoring the city's clean and calm ambience.

Everybody else went back to their daily routine. If there's anything that didn't change, it's the drunkards that constantly visited the taverns. They might as well bring their beds and just live there.

"Master Jean, here are the reports from the Favonius Church. The Seneschal has already looked through it so there's nothing left to worry about," Barbara said as she placed some papers in front of Jean neatly.

"Good work," Jean nodded. "There was also this proposal that I got some time ago..." Barbara fidgeted as she trailed off.

"Hm? Proposal for what?" Jean asked curiously. "There was this kind of sponsor that wants me to perform somewhere. But considering how I'm busy with church work, well..." Barbara smiled apologetically.

"Do you want to go? I can always have some escorts to go with you," Jean offered. Barbara was about to speak when the door swung open.

They both turned and saw Amber puffing her cheeks angrily. She stomped into the room and grumbled.

"I swear, he's always like this! He already knows how bad I am when it comes to political customs and dealings yet he goes and sends me off instead!" Amber said irritatingly.

"Who?" Barbara asked. "Kaeya. Who else would be so willing to ditch work other than him?" Amber responded.

"Kaeya reported in? I haven't seen him," Jean said. "He came and left fifteen minutes ago," Amber said, "It really makes me wonder how that guy thinks, you know? That sheer amount of laziness radiating off of him is too great to measure!"

Amber flinched when someone knocked on the door. "Come in," Jean said.

The door swung open, revealing the golden-eyed scholar. Soleil was back to wearing her usual white and gold coat and bodysuit.

Jean, Amber, and Barbara stared in surprise. "What's with the faces?" Soleil asked amusingly.

"It's nothing," Jean shook her head. "Hey...is it just me or there's something different about Soleil?" Amber whispered to Barbara, who nodded.