68: A Tale of Power and the Heavy Crown

When she was eight, she could only cause flowers to sprout. But come the age of thirteen, the little girl turned into a young lady.

With just a flick of her hand, an entire garden would burst to life in an empty field of dark soil. Such was the case on a cloudy day, when the plain peaks of Mt. Aocang came to life as all manner of flora came to life.

That was one of Stella's achievements. She could also sit atop the pond without getting herself wet, meditating in silence, unperturbed by the world around her.

If she wanted to, she can see into a person's mind and discern their true feelings and intentions. This skill was most useful when judging a difficult trial back at the harbor.

Her impartiality and dedication to the laws regardless of who was charged or what the crime was eventually earned her a title: the 'Lawmaker', for she would literally take the law and mold it as she seemed fit.

Heavy rain poured but Stella remained floating atop the pool in Mt. Hulao, like a gentle but firm lotus pad. An invisible halo caged her, not allowing a single raindrop to touch the young lady.

But the pouring rain made noises that Stella disliked. With the slightest crease of her eyebrow but never opening her eyes, she raised her forefinger above her and carved a diagram inscribed with adeptal scriptures in the air.

The diagram spun until it was large enough to fit the sky. Stella clasped her hands together and opened her glowing eyes. A surge of energy caused the winds to blow, and a beacon of light shot straight up from the diagram on top of Stella's head.

The light died down, but was soon replaced by the warm rays of sunlight. The rain clouds cleared, and a rainbow could be seen marking the entire sky amidst the small droplets of rain.

Slow claps were heard alongside the collective drops of rain into the lake. Stella turned to the source and found Rex Lapis approaching, clapping in his human form.

"Dad," Stella said, her voice less childish but refined with tranquility and elegance. Rex Lapis smiled at her.

"A remarkable performance as always, Stella. Though, might I suggest you gauge the necessary energy next time," Rex Lapis mused as he looked up, "As you can see, there is not a single patch of cloud in the sky any longer."

One moment, it was raining. The next, it was sunny with no clouds to filter the sun. And that wasn't because of the climate, but because of the girl who disliked noisy rattles of rain on the ground.

"Oh. Sorry," Stella smiled sheepishly. "Not to worry. Everything eventually returns to normal," Rex Lapis waved a hand, and clouds began to cluster to make a cloudy day.

"I can imagine the people at the harbor getting annoyed with the changing weather," Stella said as she flew towards the ground, right in front of Rex Lapis.

"Hehe. Indeed. I shall look forward to what kinds of stories they will create," the Lord of Geo said amusingly. Stella snorted.

"I won't be surprised if they wrote about how the sky is undergoing postnatal depression after giving birth to the sun, stars, and moon," she said. Rex Lapis paused thoughtfully.

"Actually, that is not half bad," he chuckled and smiled, "Shall I suggest it to the opera writers?"

"It's better if you don't. I can't imagine them writing how you impregnated the sky," Stella pointed and shivered, "It gives me chills."

"I suppose it is a recurring theme that I am the source of life," Rex Lapis chuckled, unbothered with the idea since he's witnessed multiple plays depicting him the father of remarkable heroes and the adepti.