74(Ludi Harpastum): Challenging Amber and Pestering Diluc AKA Committing Suicide

Wind. Courage. Freedom.

This is what the city of Mondstadt represents. While many despised the unrestrained nature of its people and god, they cannot deny how great it could be to just do what they please, to live in the present.

Soleil was the type to plan every move and calculate her chances of victory. But even she couldn't refuse the opportunity to taste freedom.

To be free like a bird and to fly like a swan... Who didn't want that?

Soleil looked down from the terrace of the cathedral. It wasn't that long when the failed Abyss dragon assaulted Mondstadt and she looked down from the exact, same spot she currently was.

Her eyes were shut as she felt the wind gently caress her face. Then, it turned into a surge of powerful gusts. Soleil's ponytail fluttered against the wind as she shielded her eyes from the wind currents.

Several people tore through the air with their windgliders and incited cheers from the observing crowd around the Anemo Archon statue. Soleil felt the unhindered vibrance and a small smile settled on her face.

"Are you nervous?"

Soleil turned when Amber hopped to her side like an excited bunny. She giggled.

"Maybe a little," Soleil admitted. "That's okay! It's your first time participating, after all. You have no idea how happy I am to see you here," Amber smiled.

"It's good to be here, too," Soleil replied. They both turned when the crowds erupted into a cheer when a glider with a Pyro Vision made a firework in the shape of a Windweel Aster.

"Just look at all those cheers," Soleil said with awe, "I'm not the type to go after glory, but seeing the people so united under the banner of freedom gives me feelings I can't totally describe."

"Doesn't it?" Amber grinned and looked ahead with a nostalgic smile, "I remembered my first time soaring through the air. I could see everything from above. The city, the people, the forests... Everything. It was so magical!"

"Weren't you worried you might get hurt?" Soleil asked. Amber giggled and shook her head, "No. Barbatos was guiding me. What is there to be afraid of?"

Soleil only smiled. Amber had a satisfied glint in her eyes as she stared into the open skies.

"Windgliding is more than just a mean of transportation and sports. To me, it's a form of self-expression. A way to let go for the moment and let the wind soothe your troubles," Amber spoke softly and turned to Soleil.

"The festival is ending soon. I hope you enjoy this moment before it all ends," Amber grinned. Soleil nodded.

"I will," she said. They turned again when they heard the bell ring once. Amber's red ribbon perked like ears at the sound excitedly.

"Hey! We're beginning soon," she said and fixed her goggles. "That was unexpected," Soleil said and adjusted her gloves.

Amber helped fix her belt and adjusted her windglider. "Thanks," Soleil said and put on her goggles.

They went to join the other competitors by the colonnades and waited for the bell to ring thrice. According to Amber, that was the signal for them to go.

Soleil looked through the crowd and found some of her friends waving at her and Amber. She spotted Kaeya and giggled to find Diona stepping on his shoulders a little too roughly to wave at her.

Klee, on the other hand, was sitting on a crystalline platform with Albedo as they stayed some distance away from the crowd. Albedo was holding unto Klee's backpack while the kid jumped excitedly.