40(Moonchase Final): The True Value of Memories

"Granny Ping~! Look what I've collected! After so much work, we can finally get started, hehe~!"

Soleil's cheerily pleased voice practically echoed across Yujing Terrace as she skipped towards Madame Ping's corner by the tree.

"Hoho, I see you are very eager to learn about making an artificial realm," Madame Ping smiled as Soleil finally came close and placed a bag on the table.

"Of course! With my own artificial realm, I will practically be able to bring my entire library and laboratory with me. It will be so much easier to access and I don't have to worry about going back and forth!" Soleil clapped excitedly.

Teucer's colds have also reduced greatly after a good night's rest. Though that was thanks to some healing potions she had crafted, it still makes Soleil feel much better that Teucer was well.

She had left Regulus to watch over the boy in Qingce under the guise of learning horse-back riding. Granny Ruoxin had also agreed to keep the boy company so long as the Fatui 'take their laurels and disputes off the peaceful land'.

"Hehehe. It is at these times that I am reminded that you are an avid learner of all things related to the world," Madame Ping laughed softly.

She opened the bag and a look of wonder glowed in her eyes. "Oh, my... This is even more than what Yanfei provided for the Traveller's own artificial realm," she said in amazement.

"Really? I thought it wasn't much," Soleil said thoughtfully as she looked at the table of materials.

Xiao had provided her with a few ores of Smaragdus Jadeite fresh from mining. The Shimmersoil was well-conditioned after being properly stored inside a pouch made with wool on the inside.

Last but not least, her pocket watch. She spent the night under her magnifying glass fixing the pieces inside before bringing it back to good condition using alchemy.

"Smaragdus Jadeite is quite rare and hardly possible to find with all the mines rooting out the minerals. However, this amount..." Madame Ping looked at Soleil, "May I ask where did you get these? It simply astounds me that there would still be some valuable amount left."

"An adeptus called Xiao helped me out. He's quite nice despite what he leads on," Soleil giggled. "I see. So he's also made your acquaintance. That is good... Very good," Madame Ping looked up with a satisfied smile.

"I thought he would simply try to avoid you for as long as he could... But I suppose it was also hard for him to resist an eager soul like you, hehe," she said. Soleil blinked in confusion.

"We've only ever met twice now. But if that means I was sociable enough for him, that makes me happy," Soleil smiled, "Shall we get started?"

"Indeed. With all these materials, we will be able to make you a realm spacious enough for you to make your second world," Madame Ping nodded, "Soleil, be a dear and fetch me the Smaragdus Jadeite. But be careful now–It can cause you discomfort if you touch it for long."

"I know, granny Ping. Please use this to make the handling easier," Soleil offered a pair of tongs to Madame Ping, who thanked her and explained the concept of each material needed to build the realm.

"I see... The Jadeite is like a container for all the adeptal energy used inside," Soleil mused. Her eyes reflected the light from the magical essence surrounding Madame Ping's hands.

"That is right. The artificial realm may look like the real world, but each tree, item, and body of water within it is actually molded by adeptal energy. It is tangible, but it is not made from the same essence real life is made from," Madame Ping explained, "Only Rex Lapis was able to control real essence itself and mold the real world into the terrain he desires."