70: A Tale of Abyssal Darkness and Resurrected Nightmares

The Lord of Geo speaks
The Golden Scholar delves
Two sides of one story, and the buried truth prevails

***

Legends of the Star Prancer came and went, but the seat of the Tianquan remained unmovable under the resilient rule of the Lawmaker-Tianquan Stella.

Years passed within the blink of an eye, and everyone in Stella's time passed on due to old age. The seats of the Qixing changed within each generation, but Stella and Ganyu remained.

Stella witnessed the growth of the harbor with each decade passing. With nothing left to do but work, Stella continued to manage the laws that Rex Lapis imparted to her.

Time passed, but Stella retained the form of her thirteen-year old self. Dressed in royal blue robes masking the black bodysuit similar to Ganyu's, she continued to be the symbolic face of the law that taught people not to judge a book by its crisp cover.

Time passed, but Stella failed to recover from the burden and expectations of those around her. In the end, she was forced to keep her head up high and do nothing but look forward.

Others may see her as condescending for looking down on them. But in reality, she was only keeping the heavy crown on her head from falling.

Stella's attitude changed, and her wisdom flourished with her soul's age. Soon, Rex Lapis' fear of the child keeping her distance would come true.

He made countless attempts to speak to Stella outside of work, but Stella was always occupied with work. Occupied with other people, and the deadly field of politics threatened to dry out she, the ever-blooming Glaze Lily.

But Ganyu was always there to help. Xiao would always be by her side in the nights when assassins and killers threatened to take the life of the immovable Tianquan.

Due to constant worry and the impending disaster dawning on Teyvat, Rex Lapis has forgotten what 'rest' was, and he would always be on the look-out. Not just for the enemies of Liyue...but for the forces beyond.

Then, it came.

The sky was blanketed in darkness. The moon has reached a bloody eclipse.

The Cataclysm has arrived, and it threatened to swallow Liyue Harbor into the neverending darkness and despair bestowed by the Heavenly Principles itself.

It was an unfortunate time as Stella was far away from Liyue, on an expedition into the realms underneath the sea. Without her presence, law and order was lost.

"My lord, all citizens have been evacuated under Retainer's care. Shall we proceed with open fire?" Ganyu asked Rex Lapis when he re-appeared in the skies, donning his hooded Archon form.

Ganyu, though usually gentle, had unbridled strictness in times of disaster, and her bow was glistening with concentrated Cryo that was sure to destroy clustered foes with just one shot.

All she needed was a signal from the Lord of Geo, and she would release frozen hell over the invaders stomping on the fields of Liyue.

"Not yet," Xiao said as he decapitated a mutated creature aiming for the running citizens. Blood sprayed on his face, but he made no reaction to it.

He turned to Rex Lapis and Ganyu. "More citizens are stuck in the outskirts and mines. The Millelith closed off the area, but there is no telling. They were not aware of this...sudden invasion," Xiao said, looking at the rampant monstrosities battling against the summoned adepti.