Part Eleven

21: Beyond Divine Influence

"It's been a while, Soleil."

"It has. Though, our meetings are nothing worth the surprise. You should be used to my presence by now," Soleil mused cheekily.

Three years would pass, but her attitude would never change. The Electro Archon would know this and would not hold it against her for reasons yet to be said. Instead, she responded with an unoffended smile.

"I'll keep that in mind. So, what has transpired for you to step into the Plane of your own accord? It must be a matter of importance," Ei spoke as she descended from the floating lotus position.

"Maybe," Soleil shrugged and looked around the Plane of Euthymia, "I came to measure the spatial frequencies of the Plane. Its radiation has been interfering with a few of my experiments... Though that is expected due to its scope stretching out to infinity."

Ei's violet eyes sparked. "I did not know it was possible. The Plane is meant to exist in an entirely different dimension without interference with Teyvat's Reality," she said, a little baffled.

"When you dabble in metaphyics, you're bound to stumble unto different universes. I must have tapped into the Plane's Reality while creating an artificial space network. Have you any idea just how strong its radiation is? It doesn't help that it is powered by Electro," Soleil huffed.

"A space network? What a fascinating idea. How does it work?" Ei looked at Soleil and blinked her wondering eyes.

Soleil scooted back to see this and her nose scrunched. "Why are you looking at me like that for?" she asked.

"Do tell me how a space network functions. My knowledge, unfortunately, is limited to honing my spatial dimension. I have yet to master all branches of Metaphysics," Ei said.

"Well, that's not my problem," Soleil said bluntly. If her mind had a label, it would be 'No gods allowed'.

Honestly... The Electro Archon looks at her like a student does to a teacher. It was quite strange, considering their statuses.

Ei twisted her lips in dismay. "As you wish..." she mumbled before giving Soleil another expectant look, "At least tell me how your measurements go. This way, I may modify the plane's features to avoid overlapping with Teyvat's Reality as much as possible."

"I'll see what I can do," Soleil said and walked to the edge of the dusty round platform. Her golden eyes narrowed in stark contrast to the unmeasurable darkness.

No wonder. The dimension does not have any refined boundaries so it leaks over to the parallel universes, Soleil thought.

Spatial dimensions were like stacks of papers. The three realms of Teyvat followed this order with the light realm above and the human realm below it. And underneath the human realm was the dark realm.

These three layers of the realms make up Teyvat's 'Reality'. In order to hold the three realms together and not collapse into disorder and nonexistence, there was the 'glue' that allows those who were capable to traverse through the realms: the Ley Lines, Elemental Currents, and the Dark Currents.

These interconnected networks spread over Teyvat's Reality. Now, the Traveller was a special case as he was capable of maneuvering through space by Waypoints, a separate network not influenced by any of the realms' networks. Soleil has yet to find a definitive reason how due to the backlash she faces whenever she tried to use this same method.

With that said, the Abyss was an entirely different 'Reality'. The concept of Teyvat's Time was not similar to the Abyss. Since the Traveller is an Outlander, Time does not apply to him or his sister, Lumine. The Abyss continues to exist because of its own Abyssal Network and indifference to Time holding its space together.