75(Ludi Harpastum): Your Eyes Tell

Suggested soundtrack for this segment: Barcelona by Ed Sheeran

Soleil surveyed her dress and felt the skirt. Making one last twirl in her room, she giggled with satisfaction and raced out. She made sure to kill the lamplight first as she did.

Her excitement was fueled more when she heard the cheery music from outside the house. She stopped by the living room, where Kaeya was waiting.

He was wearing a white dress shirt and black vest that matched his slacks. It suits him well. Honestly, anything looked good on him.

"Are you finished?" Kaeya asked as Soleil hopped down the stairs. Soleil nodded happily, "How do I look? Not bad, right?"

She made a short twirl, making her cream dress flow along. Her wavy hair was put up in a crown braid, which would have looked better if her hair was longer. Curls framed her face.

Kaeya held his chin and tilted his head with a fond smile.

"Stunning as always... All eyes will be on you tonight," Kaeya chuckled, "I better keep you close before someone snatches you up."

"I should say the same to you. All the ladies are bound to stare once you get out," Soleil giggled, "But come on! We're getting late. Hurry, hurry!"

"Slow down now," Kaeya said in surprise when he was tugged out of the house rapidly. The shimmering, blue Harpastum swayed to the swift closing of the door.

They both raced down the stairs and joined the lively streets. The lampposts were decorated with garlands and flowers and Harpastums were spotted everywhere.

More garlands hung from building to building while music permeated in the air. Flower wreaths made from cecilias also decorated the place.

Mondstadt was always lively during the nights of Ludi Harpastum. However, that night was different. Every other street and spot of Mondstadt was quiet except for the plaza.

Soleil's eyes lit up with the light of the bright lamps and lanterns once she and Kaeya ascended the staircases and the muffled chatter became more louder.

"There it is," Kaeya said as he looked ahead, "It seems the public dance began earlier than expected."

Lyres, flutes, guitars, and tambourines harmonized to create cheery music that incited people to dance along to the rhythm.

Pairs and couples began dancing in the plaza. Some children joined hands and danced while spinning in circles. Those who weren't able to join clapped to the music or those sitting by the table stomped their feet and clacked their mugs against the table to follow the music.

"Wow. The entire plaza is occupied," Soleil mused. It was a good thing the plaza was wide.

"They should make room for two more," Kaeya offered a hand with a smile, "Shall we?"

"Let's go," Soleil giggled. She grabbed his hand and dived into the bustling crowd, pulling Kaeya along with her.

Kaeya, on the other hand, was almost taken aback by Soleil's sudden spike in energy. But he wasn't complaining. He let himself be dragged along.

He smiled and nodded at some people who greeted him. However, he froze when he spotted Diluc glaring at him in the distance. It seems he was still upset from earlier.

But Kaeya could care less. He smirked tauntingly at Diluc and disappeared behind a few people before the nobleman came for his head.

"So...what kind of dance should we be doing?" Soleil asked Kaeya, who blinked in confusion.