2: 411 Over A Meal

Standing for more than three thousand and seven hundred years, Liyue is a nation rich in history and culture. Among the seven nations, it is the most prosperous, putting Snezhnaya and Fontaine to second and third places.

Unlike the mysteries surrounding Mondstadt's history, Liyue was clear and each important event in history was recorded. That was why Soleil had no trouble seeking information about Liyue.

But just as it was bountiful in history, so too is it plenty in tales and anecdotes. Up until recently, Rex Lapis has lived with its people since its foundation and is the main subject of stories that may or may not be exaggerated.

Because of that, many developments both in history and story-telling have been made and the line between which was real and which is fiction has long disappeared.

Not being able to reach clear conclusions and appropriate facts are things that Soleil dislikes. She is a scholar, after all. Any distortion to truth and knowledge will no doubt upset her.

After two hours of searching Liyue's Library, a displeased frown settled on her face, showing how upset she was that time. After shutting the book in hand, she sighed and touched her creased forehead.

"What a hindrance," she muttered lowly to herself and looked around the shelves, "I guess even info on that is limited."

The library was large and contained so much historical records but not even they were enough to answer Soleil's concerns. But then again, her concerns were never the ordinary kind. As such, the answers she sought won't be obtained the ordinary way.

Soleil sighed and placed the book away. She tried. This is one of the greatest troubles she faced when dealing with mysteries in history.

When faced with a strange mechanism, Soleil could figure it out because she can touch and interact with it. When there was a phenomena, she can extract data and run experiments to understand its nature.

But with things that were long forgotten in the past, it was difficult. The only way to understand is to rely on what bits of records made and infer what could be the answer.

The only way to uncover the events of a time that has passed was to rely on the words of others. But even that was hard. If we rely on the words of man, then confusion and misinterpretation is bound to happen.

Even as Soleil browsed the library, storybooks and legends were most evident and the catalogs of Liyue's developed history were secluded. Many editions were made and the original facts are surely altered.

How ironic. It is precisely the abundance of information that was making it harder for Soleil to understand anything. Other than reading as much data as she can, she must discern which were facts and which were exaggerations.

Soleil tapped a finger against her chin as she contemplated amidst the shelves of books. It is not just her research that she was concerned about. She will have to make an appointment with the Qixing soon as well.

Once she does, she also needs to access their archives and records. That meant...more reading and thinking.

Soleil lamented in her mind. She breathed in and massaged her temples with shut eyes.

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job, I love my job...

"Soleil?"

Soleil was in the middle of her chanting when she heard someone say her name. She looked ahead and saw someone peeking behind the bookshelf.

Curious amber eyes were blinking at Soleil in a surprised manner. Seeing this, Soleil couldn't help but smile.

Of course. As long as she was in a place with books, she would eventually run into this boy.