25: You're Sus. That's It.

A twig crunched under Soleil's heel while she brushed away a branch barely hanging above her head. Her eyes wandered about in a searching manner across the woods.

Then, her eyes gleamed when she looked near a stream of water. "Razor! I found you," she said and happily walked over.

Razor was leaning over the water when she arrived. He turned and smiled, "You are here. Great. Let's hunt."

"I've got a few commissions today. Let's do them together," Soleil beamed a smile, patting Razor and running off. "Mm," the boy nodded and followed after.

They began by clearing out the slimes gathering near the roads and paths. They would attack the people passing by so Razor and Soleil decided to clear them out.

But sometimes, Soleil gets distracted. In the heat of battle, Razor would find her hesitant to attack.

"Is something wrong?" he asked. Soleil dodged a Hydro slime gave him a pout, "I can't kill them. The slimes are so adorable and cute!"

"Slimes trying to hurt you," Razor pointed out. "I know that. But look at the horns of the Hydro slimes. They're so small!" Soleil replied.

"Woah!" Soleil said, dodging a slime bouncing for her. Razor sighed at the one-sided battle and swiped a hand, a claw made of Electro swiping at the slimes.

The slimes were electrocuted and eventually dissipated, much to Soleil's disappointment. Razor walked over to her and let his claymore disappear.

"They were cute," she said. "They were going to hurt you," Razor said, giving her a concerned look.

This wasn't the only time Soleil did strange things. The next set of commissions included clearing out the hilichurl camps spotted by the adventurers around the wilderness.

The duo approached a camp where hilichurls gathered rapidly. Razor was ready to get the job done and raised his claymore. But Soleil just walked ahead, without weapons, and raised a hand, "Olah, odomu!"

The hilichurls turned in sync, spotting Soleil and Razor. Razor's grip tightened and was about to attack when the hilichurls also waved at Soleil, "Olah, yo odomu!"

"Huh?" Razor looked at the scene with confusion. He tried to stop Soleil but she only smiled at him and jogged over to the hilichurls, speaking in a language Razor never heard of.

"Yo mimi beru si?" a hilichurl asked. Soleil was patting a small hilichurl before answering, "Yaya ika biat mita."

"Dala?!" the hilichurls looked agitated, looking at each other while grabbing their weapons.

"Biadam," one hilichurl said angrily, "Mimi zido ika. Ika mosi tiga!"

"Nye eleka," Soleil shook her head, "Todo, mimi movo muhe yoyo."

She gestured at herself and at Razor, who was still wary about the entire situation. The hilichurls made approving sounds and patted Soleil, "Tomo, odomu."

Soleil nodded with a smile. However, a twig snapped behind and she turned, giving the newcomers a wary stare.

"Look what we have here! It's a bunch of stupid hilichurls lurking. And look!" a Treasure Hoarder pointed at Razor, "It's that boy raised by the wolves."

"No wonder it smells so bad. Hey, buddy, would you like us to give you a bath?" another Treasure Hoarder jeered, making the others laugh.

Razor raised his claymore, glaring and ready to pounce. "Yeye! Odomu zido ika!" the hilichurls said, raising their weapons.