26: You Need Me

Soleil has never been so happy visiting the Liyue prison before. The Millelith even found it strange that she had some balloons in one hand on the way in.

Although curious, they knew it  best not to ask the unpredictable Advisor of the Qixing. They've been hearing rumors about her and it was enough to make them keep distance.

Soleil hummed a random tune as she walked down the corridors of cells. Her eyes glimmered when she stopped by one room with a nameless door blocking it from the outside.

"Da, da-da," Soleil sang while churning one key into the doorknob and peeked into the room, "Heya! Having fun at the daycare, Childe?"

The well-known man with orange hair and dull, blue eyes was seated on a chair while reading a book. There was even a desk, a comfy bed, and a lantern to keep his room bright.

He saw Soleil's head poking through the door, two brilliant gold eyes blinking in a way that most people would find cute and innocent.

Not Childe, though. Definitely not Childe.

"I told you not to address me by that. It sounds demeaning when it comes from you," Childe frowned and snapped his book shut. Soleil feigned a gasp.

"Oh? You can read?" she asked. "Enough joking," Childe stared sternly at Soleil, "What have you been doing?"

"Uh, making sure you don't stay in this cell for all eternity? But this room doesn't seem bad. Feeling at home, I'm guessing?" Soleil asked sarcastically as she walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Not that! Ugh..." Childe pinched the bridge of his nose. Once he felt he can deal with the gorgeous piece of work before him, he looked back at her.

"Javert informed me about your sudden kidnapping last week. What were you thinking?! There was a reason why Javert was sent to guard you yet you sent him away conveniently before your abduction. Would you explain yourself?" Childe glowered.

"You know, it is usually the ones who end up in jail who get the scolding. Shouldn't it be me who does the scolding?" Soleil mused. "Soleil," Childe said in a warning tone.

"I'm fine, see? Don't twist that pretty face up for something that was already dealt with," Soleil waved a hand dismissively. The balloons swished in the air as she did.

Childe stared harder at Soleil for bringing balloons. It was obvious she looked rather joyous as she visits him. In Liyue prison. He sighed.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but it is a relief you're okay," the Harbinger said. If this girl gets hurt while the 'contract' is effective, his credibility with the Tsaritsa will be sullied.

"Someone came to help. You can't always be the hero who'll save the damsel, you know?" Soleil gave a cat smile.

"Helpless, as usual," Childe snorted and looked away, "If it wasn't for the bad timing, I would have saved you."

Admittedly, he would have stepped in to save her the moment Javert reported in. It was just that the Millelith and Yanfei barged in at the time and things led up to where they were now.

"Hm... Well, I think it's a fair trade. If I can totally do everything, what use will you be?" Soleil smirked, "Definitely not for brains, that's for sure."

"Tsk! You know, if you're that desperate to kill yourself, you could have just told me directly and I'll deal with you myself. What's the use of protecting you if you willingly walk towards danger all the time?" Childe glared down at the girl.

"Oh? Protecting me, you say? Last time I checked, you're the one locked in a prison cell. Hehehe... How can you protect from in here, I wonder?" Soleil smiled smugly behind her hand.