Part Three

5: Electro Women Are Scary pt. 1

The fishes swam away when footsteps clattered on the wooden planks at the docks of Ritou. Kazuha was sitting by the waters, idly watching the fishes swim away as the footsteps came closer.

"You ought to calm yourself, Beidou. Even the fishes become agitated with your constant pacing," Kazuha spoke. Beidou rubbed her hands together as she breathed deeply, walking back and forth.

"It's been half a day and I haven't received news of any of the crew finding Soleil in the distant islands... I'm beginning to think of the worst," she said grimly. Kazuha looked up as the winds gently blew his hair.

"Ah. Perhaps you'll finally be able to calm down now," he said. Beidou looked at him and he jutted his chin to the distance, where a figure in white was spotted.

Soleil was sniffing her sleeves as she walked towards the docks. Beidous eye sparkled as she breathed in relief, "She's alright. What a relief... However."

Kazuhas eyes slowly widened when Beidou suddenly had a dark expression as she marched over to the clueless scholar.

"Uh-oh," he muttered quietly. He got up and dusted himself to catch up to Beidou.

Soleil looked up and grinned. "Beidou!" she said but froze to see Beidous dark glare. She yelped when Beidou pinched her ear, "Ow, ow, ow! Beidou!"

"What the devil were you up to? Here I was, worried to death about what shores you washed up on while you're sauntering here without even telling me that you're alright!" Beidou said, "Where were you this whole time?"

"I'm sorry! I did get washed up somewhere in Araumi and had to find my way back here to meet you," Soleil said, pouting as Beidou pinched her ear with a stern look, "It's a good thing you guys made it through the storm."

"Hmph. I'd be more worried about you. You just fell off the ship! I could distinctly remember Kazuha telling you to enter the cabins, but you didn't listen. Honestly, Soleil! I'll die of a heart attack because of you," Beidou sighed.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me?" Soleil pouted and blinked her eyes. Beidous frown wavered, and she sighed, letting go of Soleil's ear, "What matters is that you're safe. It's a good thing we decided to stay here in Ritou before filing a missing person case to the Adventurer's Guild."

"Please tell me you didn't," Soleil said wryly. Kazuha chuckled, "I was able to convince Beidou not to. However, her concerns are reasonable... We thought you drowned."

"I actually know how to swim, but thank you for the concern," Soleil said. Beidou glared and cracked her knuckles, "If you pull another stunt like that again..."

"I wont! Just please calm down, you're scaring me," Soleil said nervously to see the shadows lurking on Beidou's face along with crackling Electro surging around her.

Bloody Celestia, she's just like Lisa, Soleil cried internally. When Lisa gets pissed, even the skies would darken, and thunder would rumble. It only goes to say how much elemental mastery Lisa has, and how much of a mistake it is to poke her patience.

"Hmph. Good," Beidou said, nodding pleasantly. Kazuha chuckled as he watched Soleil cower before Beidou.

In fact, he was slightly amused. Beidou was like a large dragon threatening an innocent, little bunny. It was cute.

"Why don't we get something to eat? Now that our main concern is rectified, let us all share a meal to get Beidou's mind off things," Kazuha offered. "I'm also a little hungry," Soleil said sheepishly.

She hasn't had a chance to stop for a meal, but that seems to make things better. "I've asked Juza to reserve a table for us at a nearby restaurant. The tab's on me," Beidou said.