48: The Thing About Blue Eyes

"Three! Two! One! Go!"

Chongyun's yelp echoed across the hot springs followed by a large splash, signifying his first successful dip into the springs.

Eager looks were on his shadow in the water until he surfaced with a gasp, his light blue hair drenched with the water. He grinned brightly.

"I... I did it!" he said happily. Cheers and whoops sounded around him along with praises and claps.

"Woohoo! Chongyun finally did it!" Paimon clapped happily as she floated above the springs. Aether was grinning as he snapped a photo of Chongyun using his Kamera.

"This is definitely a moment to remember," he said and flapped the photo in one hand.

The others crowded around him to look at the photo. Xingqiu was first to snicker and he covered his mouth.

"Bwahaha! Look at his hair! Hahahaha!" he laughed, pointing at Chongyun's haif tuff swirling like icing on a cupcake.

"Look! He's so pink!" Xiangling giggled while Chongyun shirked into the water embarrassingly.

"Come on, give him a break! It's his first time in the hot springs," Soleil said and smiled at Chongyun, "Well? How do you feel?"

"It feels... It feels great! Although the heat is still something I'm getting used to... It's not so bad. It's actually refreshing," Chongyun said as he basked in the steam and water, "Haha. This is definitely what I needed after a whole day of training!"

Hu Tao invited some of their mutual friends over to the hot springs to 'witness a miracle'. As such, she rented the hot springs for their use.

They shared one huge spring, allowing everyone to bathe together. It goes without saying that they still wore some swimwear since skinny-dipping was out of the question with everyone mingling together.

Xiangling, Hu Tao, and Paimon couldn't help but coo at Chongyun's response.

"Aww, look at him. He looks so happy," Paimon sniffed, feeling endeared by the satisfied smile on Chongyun's face.

"I can't believe I've been missing out on such an amazing feeling," Chongyun said in wonder. "Still gonna say no next time?" Xingqiu smirked.

"You know I didn't have a choice–Ah!" Chongyun yelped when Xingqiu splashed water on his face, "Xingqiu, that stings my face!"

"Hehehe!" Xingqiu giggled mischievously. "But that's what is so strange. Paimon is wondering, how did you do it, Chongyun?" Paimon asked the amazed exorcist, "Did you finally find a solution to your congenital positivity?"

"Err... It isn't actually a solution, per se," Chongyun looked to Soleil, who shrugged. Paimon blinked.

"Did Soleil come up with something for you?" Paimon asked. "No. It's complicated..." Soleil said, "Let's just say he needed something that can reduce his energy's effects on him."

"You mean... You have something that can cancel out his positive energy?" Xiangling asked. "Something like that," Soleil smiled.

"Is it..." Aether gave Soleil a meaningful look. Soleil nodded, which made Aether look at her in sympathy, "Oh."

"But that's great! Chongyun can go into the hot springs, eat yummy food fresh from the stove, and go under the sun without worries!" Paimon said happily.

"Yes... The only drawback is that Soleil needs to be with me when I want to try those things out," Chongyun scratched the back of his head, "I don't think I can just bring her along since she's a busy person. I don't want to stop her from working just to accompany me."