36(Moonchase): In Plain Sight Part Two

Soleil spent a while drafting her letters, making sure that no other implications were made and the more vital information were implicit enough that only the two intellects from Mondstadt would understand.

After a while, she sent Luce out with the letter imbued with a code she is sure they can decipher. She can't risk having just anyone read the letter.

But if Lisa was curious enough, it would be easy for her to read the contents. Apart from the gifted witch, Soleil doubts anyone else would know.

Soleil slumped back on her seat. She was getting hungry. Performing magic without her designed instrument was more exhausting than she expected.

She then got up and went over to Xiangling's place, wanting Chef Mao to cook her something. She walked into the restaurant with a grin.

"Chef Mao, I'm starving, hehe! Do you mind if I get something really qu–Huh? Xiangling?" Soleil said, confused to see Xiangling inside.

"Soleil! So now you feel hungry. Your stomach couldn't wait for your research, huh?" Xiangling crossed her arms and tapped her foot against the ground.

"Ah, please, Xiangling, lecture me while you're cooking. My stomach's going to eat my intestine if it gets hungrier," Soleil said weakly as she dragged herself to a table.

"I-I was just joking! Hold on a second, I'll get you something to eat!" Xiangling immediately dropped her sulky demeanor and hurried to cook for Soleil, "Sheesh, what did you do for you to be so hungry? A domain rush or something?"

"I don't have a Vision, Xiangling. Even if I want to, I wouldn't be able," Soleil said. "Still, you need to take a bite on something. Don't ever take the chance to starve yourself," Xiangling told her off as she arrived with a plate of grilled fish and rice buns. There was also mint salad on the side.

"You remembered what I said," Soleil smiled. "But of course! I value your opinions, you know? Now eat and get back into shape," Xiangling said.

"Yes, ma'am," Soleil giggled and began to eat. Xiangling took a seat beside her and watched as Soleil silently glowed with satisfaction.

"Yum..." Soleil said and looked at Xiangling, "Where are the others? I thought you would still be at the inn."

"We finished rather quickly, thanks to Guoba finishing Keqing's Golden Shrimp Balls. He just snatched it away while we were talking!" Xiangling sighed.

"Oops...Keqing must have been upset," Soleil said. "She was. And I felt so guilty so I asked to make it up to her. She should come by soon enough with a recipe she said her grandfather used to have," Xiangling replied.

"♪..." Guoba looked down guiltily, to which Xiangling sighed to and hugged him.

"I'm not upset anymore. Just behave next time, alright?" she bid the little bear.

"A recipe her grandfather used to have, huh?" Soleil said knowingly. "Yep. You seem to know about it, too," Xiangling said.

"Just a bit," Soleil smiled. She giggled lightly. Things are turning out well for the two girls.

"Yes, you do! You asked me a favor to do whatever Keqing may have wanted me to do. You were expecting her to show me the recipe," Xiangling stated.