47: A Night Of Champagne and Chaffers

It could be just Soleil, but the chandeliers seemed to give off more aureate shine and sparkle on the wide room.

Long tables were arranged in one corner, filled with delicacies only the rich would favor and drinks only they could purchase.

The noble guests were dressed in silk, satin, pearls, and jewels. To Diluc, the party was just another reason to communicate with business partners.

But to these ladies, it was a chance to establish themselves on the social ladder and show off their wealth, claiming themselves to be the best.

It could have been also a chance to introduce themselves to Diluc Ragnvindr had he not introduced the girl dressed in gold as his date for the party. Now all they could do was hide their scowls behind silky fans and glare at the lady of the night.

The party was also an extravagant battlefield. They may not fight with weapons, but their seemingly polite exchanges were still well-crafted profanities. Truly, this was not an event that anyone could just enter.

Still, Soleil handled the party with grace and charm. Her dress outbested the rest with its golden color of champagne, the same drink being offered to the guests for exposure.

"My, what an exquisite flavor. Look at it sparkle!" a middle-aged man said as he raised the glass up to see the wine sparkle under the chandelier lights.

"This is truly a drink for aristocrats. What an ingenious creation, Master Diluc! You never cease to amaze," the man's wife added with a flattering praise.

"I believe you should be telling that to Soleil. She was the one who created the drink that I was able to distribute among the other guests," Diluc said, gesturing to the girl beside him.

"Truly? This young lady was able to create such a fine drink?" the man asked surprisingly. "How talented!" the wife grinned.

"Oh, you're too kind, madam and sir. But I wouldn't be able to create a drink like this had I not drawn inspiration from Diluc himself. I thought it was best to create a drink that symbolized his fine characteristics above all else," Soleil smiled while patting Diluc's arm.

"You flatter me," Diluc chuckled. "Oh, how romantic! Master Diluc, you are lucky to have such a charming and incredible young lady by your side. Literally and figuratively!" the woman laughed.

Soleil giggled along with her before turning a taunting eye on the ladies whispering behind them. They gave her nasty glares and Soleil sought to provoke them with a subtle smirk.

Heard that? She thought. She taunted the envious ladies more by hugging Diluc's arm, smiling mischievously. The ladies scoffed and moved away.

Soleil cackled, making Diluc turn to her and to the ladies throwing glares at her. "Is now the time to be provoking ladies from prominent houses?" he asked amusingly.

"It's fun. I always find their outraged reactions hilarious," Soleil replied. She and Diluc spoke with a few more guests until the newcomers caught Soleil's eye.

She patted Diluc to get his attention. "It's Jean and the rest," she grinned while pointing at the entrance.

Jean was wearing a royal blue dress that ended above her knees. She wore a pair of cross earrings embedded with sapphires and put her hair up in a bun with a dark blue ribbon. She seems to be struggling to walk in her heels.

Eula, on the other hand, was walking gracefully and naturally. Her light blue dress was accented with black outlines and her black laced headpiece highlighted her hair more. A brooch with her family symbol was pinned on her right chest.