22: A Royal Pain in the Butt

Thanks to Kaeya's double-edged "act of kindness", Soleil was able to stay at the inn one more night and she didn't waste anymore time dilly-dallying. She needed that mora.

She wasn't going to focus on studying anything today. It is all focused on fieldwork. The urgency of her financial situation made her cry on the inside, but what can those tears do for her?

She looked up ahead, firmly nodding her head at the sight. The woman in-charge of giving out commissions from the Guild was in sight. She stood still, almost like a doll. Well, with her attire, she almost looked like it.

"Ad astra abyssosque. Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild! My name is Katheryne, the commissioner. How may I be of help to you?" the woman in the booth, Katheryne, asked politely after Soleil dropped by.

"Hello. I would like to take a commission. Do you have anything that has a high reward or something like that?" Soleil asked with a nervous smile.

"I'm afraid not. There have been a few adventurers who already took the missions so there is not many I can offer," Katheryne shook her head. "Rats," Soleil whispered.

"Then, any commission will do fine. Just...not anything related to chores," Soleil grimaced.

Katheryne looked through the board beside the booth and a few more documents, making Soleil wait some time.

"How about clearing some hilichurls out in Dadaupa Gorge?" Katheryne offered. "No, thanks. Is there anything else?" Soleil asked.

"Well," Katheryne flipped through a crisp paper, "There is one: Retrieval of lost artefacts from the Treasure Hoarders. They were able to get some relics related to Barbatos and the Church is willing to reward the person who can get the relics."

"I'll take that," Soleil said. "Alright. The Treasure Hoarders were last spotted on the roads near Springvale two days ago. You can begin your search there," Katheryne stated.

"I see," Soleil nodded. "If I can have your name, please," Katheryne said, taking a quill and a paper that looked like a form.

"Soleil Rheingold," Soleil answered, watching Katheryne write her name down on the paper and place it on another pile.

"You're now registered. Good luck on your task," Katheryne smiled.

"Thanks," Soleil returned the smile before leaving, pacing across with a rushing rhythm.

She fixed her gloves before jogging down the streets, descending the stairs, and out of Mondstadt once again.

It's just a bunch of Treasure Hoarders. Where there are relics and hints of treasure and anything ancient, the Treasure Hoarders will be sure to be present.

Soleil navigated her way towards the south, jogging through the fields, jumping across uneven terrains, and crossing the waters with a shot of Cryo that froze its surface.

She stopped and widened her eyes at a realization. She looked around her, searching if there was anyone around her.

She sighed in relief. If someone witnessed her using Cryo, it will be sure to cause some ruckus.

Imagine that? A person with a (fake) Electro Vision using Cryo? Who on Teyvat does that?

Soleil dislodged the Cryo Load from her weapon and replaced it with an Electro one. She then examined the gunblade before retracting its barrel and tucking it into its holster.

She continued on her path, eventually reaching village of Springvale. She asked around for any information on the Treasure Hoarders and anything related to them, but haven't gotten anything.