13: You Should've Been Discreet

Warning: Slight to Moderate violence up ahead.

Soleil flipped a lever, sending thousands of volts across the metal wires wrapped around the drenched men's wrists.

"AAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHH!"

Pained, agonized screams created a dystopian symphony within the underground chambers.

Soleil smiled. No matter how much they scream, the harbor above the ground won't be alerted and she can continue with her business.

Indeed. Sleep tight, Liyue.

Soleil flipped the lever again, stopping the Electro in the network of circuits. The electrocuted men groaned and were close to tears, hanging their heads and gasping for air desperately.

Soleil clicked her fingers against her chair. She was seated on top of the stairs and she stared down at the small pool of water. Dozens of men were chained in the water with metal wires holding them down.

Steam from repeated electrocution arose, causing air to condense in the ceiling and drip with an ominous echo. Their wrists were already bleeding from the inflicted pain. Their flesh was even burned underneath the metal restraints.

Soleil tilted her head and smiled, ignoring the cries and groans as she ran a finger across the lever beside her.

"Ready to talk?" she asked. A few men looked up at her weakly, the sight of the girl was enough to make them shake.

As an assassin's guild operating in the dark side of Liyue, the Qixing actually allowed them to exist so as long as the targets were not high-profile. To the Qixing, they were just running another business. As long as commerce was undisturbed, they were allowed to operate.

Indeed, as assassins, they were disciples of stealth and death. Yet how could their base be not alerted in the slightest when this girl, all alone, walked in at midnight?

They could not remember. All they remembered was the scent of mist flower before passing out. The next thing... They were at the mercy of the demon seated before them.

Water pooled beneath them as they knelt, forced down with a wide spiderweb of metal strings tying them all together. Trace them to the root and they land on the lever at Soleil's side.

She hummed a haunting tune as she teased the lever with her slender fingers.

"No? Hm... I'm getting upset. Would you like another round?" Soleil grinned as she gripped the lever. The men shivered in fear.

"Who are you?! What do you want?!" a slim man desperately yelled at Soleil, his saliva spraying as he did so.

"Oh? You don't know?" Soleil asked and giggled. She crossed her legs and leaned back, "You're assassins. Who do you think is most likely to get back at you, hm?"

The men were all too weak and their vision was hazy. Some even collapsed due to too much shock and some began to vomit blood, staining the murky water red.

But they knew what Soleil meant and had an answer. Whoever she was, she was a target that hasn't been eliminated and came looking for them.

"There we go! That shine in your eyes are so satisfying to look at, teehee," Soleil clapped lightly. Her light-hearted demeanor threw the assassins off and caused goosebumps to arise.

"How...did you...find us?" another assassin asked, struggling to catch his breath. The others were also dying to know.

They have been operating ever so stealthily for decades with only invited and recommended clients knowing how to contact them. Should any of them leak information, they would be eliminated immediately and almost all assassins constantly changed their appearances to confuse eye witnesses–if there were.