55: Truth Seekers, Beware

"Liyue has a rather dry climate, doesn't it?" Kaeya had commented when Soleil lead the group out of the harbor for a little bit of sightseeing.

"Don't you like it?" Soleil asked. Kaeya shrugged, "It's alright. But perhaps I've been too attached to Mondstadt to enjoy the difference. Mondstadt was refreshing, that's for sure."

Aside from giving her Mondstadtian friends a good view of Liyue–save for Mona, who already knew–that was also done to shake off the few spies lurking from a distance, keeping eyes on them from behind trees and rocks.

Albedo had no qualms as he was given much inspiration to paint up a picture of the picturesque sceneries. Kaeya, on the other hand, could not bare with the intense heat.

"Funny. I thought you liked summer," Soleil. "I do. The bipolar climate is just hard to predict," Kaeya wagged a finger, "Not to mention, seeing plain yellow, red, and orange all around just hurts the eyes."

"You mean, 'eye'," Albedo snorted. "Heh. Such brutish words is not fitting for a seemly person like you," Kaeya chuckled, unoffended.

"But the air is getting chilly. I suppose that is credited to the autumn season," Mona said and summoned her magic circle, looking at the stars in them, "Yes... Harvest will be bountiful to make up for the incoming scarcity of the winter."

"The grapevines will be affected, won't it?" Kaeya clicked his tongue. Soleil rolled her eyes, "Is wine the only thing in your mind?"

"Not until I saw you, no," Kaeya replied playfully, "Truly, this will be the perfect time to start pestering Diluc."

Yeah. Wine and Diluc are his only concerns, Soleil shook her head.

"Mondstadt will have no problems dealing with the crops. Sucrose has been working on preserving fruits and has made commendable progress," Albedo said, looking pleased.

"Good for her. As the teacher, she must be making you very proud," Soleil smiled. Albedo shrugged, though pride glimmered in his eyes.

"The amalgamations in her laboratory should still be sealed off, in any case. Some recruits were tasked to clean her lab and ran for the hills the moment they stepped in," Kaeya chuckled.

"That was because you sent them to clean up on purpose when Sucrose was away on a trip you sent her on," Albedo deadpanned.

"He still has the knack to bully the recruits, I see," Soleil said, not even surprised.

"Sucrose's imagination is just not something ordinary people can handle," Kaeya said, not denying anything.

Mona gave them a weird look, "You Knights of Favonius are really something else."

"Credits go to Varka," Soleil giggled. "Speaking of the Grand Master, it seems he has caught word of your visitation. He sends his regards and that the both of you should spar when you meet in his expedition across Teyvat," Kaeya stated.

"A spar with Varka?" Albedo was mildly surprised, "How come?"

"Rumors of Soleil's expert sword art integrated from Inazuma sparked his curiosity," Kaeya said, "I always wondered why your hybrid weapon has a single-edged blade. As it turns out, it was designed after the swords in Inazuma."

"You've done more digging, haven't you?" Soleil asked amusingly, "Correct. Not to mention, it must fit in with the design of a medium-sized shotgun."

"Which is designed from Snezhnayan weaponry, I'm guessing?" Kaeya mused. Soleil smirked, "That depends on who was the originator of the weapons in question."

Albedo looked up from his canvas, seeing a blurry figure take leave. His scrutinizing eyes narrowed and he turned to Soleil.

"They left," he said. Soleil smiled and nodded, "Good job as lookout. Now, let us proceed with the real discussion, shall we?"