37(Moonchase): Quick, Cold, and Cunning

"She was present at the meeting, you say?"

"Yes, milord. We won't be able to continue with the investigation. The members of the Qixing also seem to ensure the Fatui does not get to see anything."

"Ha... That girl is such an annoying brat. She makes things easier, yet still happens to complicate things up," a tanned man said, pinching his white mustache with a frown.

"Do you think that...she knows?" the bowing servant asked as he looked up curiously.

"Hmph! It really doesn't matter, does it? Another opportunity slips away and it's that brat's fault," the man grunted.

Then, he was sent into quiet thought. The sun glared down through the windows, and his serpentine eyes glinted.

"Unless... It was also planned that way?" he smirked and held his chin, "Perhaps the girl's intervention was also taken into account."

"But milord, if that is the case... Won't that meant that Soleil is...?" the servant had a look of disbelief.

"Hahahaha!" the man laughed triumphantly, grinning in delight, "Withdraw the envoys and let that brat take the stage momentarily. If it is as it is, she will meet her own match real soon. Hahaha!"

"Yes, milord!" the servant bowed and left. The man grinned pleasantly as he looked out the windows.

"Liyue's lost star... How do you plan on matching the sun in terms of brilliance?" he mused.

***

The second day of the
Moonchase Festival arrived. Along with it came the preliminary rounds for Masterful Chefs.

Ningguang and Keqing were both assigned to oversee the rounds as they were the main event organizers. Though Soleil's playful jabs may have made things more enjoyable, her presence was needed elsewhere.

It was on occasions like this where Soleil's ability to harmonize with Ningguang's work ethics shone brightest. While Ningguang drew the attention of the masses with a well-crafted performance or entertainment, Soleil worked within the shadows of the spotlight to do things to her fancy.

Both were not bothered with the attention, but they knew when to be subtle. Such a ruthless pair working together was sure to keep Liyue afloat even as a tsunami of problems threatened to wash them off.

"First, an economic revolution nearly took place. Second, the spike of criminal activity. Third, a stunt to implicate the Qixing and the Northland Bank and cause mass panic. Now, we have a famine that struck coincidentally before Moonchase began," Soleil said as she walked along the road west unto Mt. Tianheng.

"Hehe... Hehehe," Soleil giggled behind her hand, "Perfect. It's all too perfect."

Liyue is constantly being faced with problems Soleil has no problem dealing with. This time is no different. It almost looks as if these things happen only to keep her entertained.

Soleil had visited the Yinyuan Hall's temporary factory with a warrant signed by Ningguang and had to stifle a laugh. She had witnessed firsthand how the workers had to stay out in the sun, meticulously trying to grind out the stones drenched in the sea and the nets in the water. This lengthy process was only able to fill half a bucket of salt.

Who were they trying to fool? It's too tragic, it can only make Soleil want to laugh. Such an arduous task producing so little results made her cringe.

What a pity, she thought, planning to address such a sad state of work method later on.